Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pulled Hamstring?

ItalianMuscle27

TRANCE ADDICT
Platinum
Its been such a long time since I pulled a hamstring, I forget how to take care of it.. Can you use ice and heat? Or just one or the other?? I was always told Ice for everything, but a nice heat massage pad sounds pretty relaxing too.. Unbelievable how I pulled it, I dont even want to talk about it.. :(

Lots and Lots of stretching, I pulled my hammy a little while back when I was at prep school and the best thing is to stretch when u wake and b4 bed and ice and elevate when u can slowly but surely yull recover, good luck bro

TracDT1 said:
Lots and Lots of stretching, I pulled my hammy a little while back when I was at prep school and the best thing is to stretch when u wake and b4 bed and ice and elevate when u can slowly but surely yull recover, good luck bro

Ditto. I'm working w/ a ridiculously tight psoas in my left leg as a result of a rotated pelvis last yr. I just downloaded this to help build a more complete stretching routine. That nice little psoas manages to compromise just about every "pull" type lift I do --DLs, good mornings, etc.

http://www.cmcrossroads.com/bradapp/docs/rec/stretching/stretching_5.html

Thanks for the replies everyone.. Ive already stretched it out a few times today, and I will get to icing it right away too. Its not bad, I have a little bit of a limp when I walk, but I think most of that is because of my sprained ankle. Weird what happend, I pulled my left hammy and sprained my right ankle.. Both are pretty mild, but still hurts some..

ItalianMuscle27 said:
Thanks for the replies everyone.. Ive already stretched it out a few times today, and I will get to icing it right away too. Its not bad, I have a little bit of a limp when I walk, but I think most of that is because of my sprained ankle. Weird what happend, I pulled my left hammy and sprained my right ankle.. Both are pretty mild, but still hurts some..

pardon me while i vent for a minute, dont worry its related to your topic...

well i just got back from attempting to do 100 yard sprints and this is the second time in a month i have tried this since the weather has broken where i live, anyway first time i pulled my right hammy on the 8th "set" was finishing at 10 but never made it...it sucked total ass, so it healed up with ice and babying it a little.....which blew cuz it killed doing cardio while cutting...

well last week i was doing rack deads with the pins set a lil beloew my knees and pulled a new best of 545 for 2 sets of 3 and on my last rep i believe i may have injured my biceps tendon somewhere cuz i can bend my arm just fine its when i begin to rotate from thumb up to palm up that it starts to hurt on outer arm....so that killed lifting this week and i though damn its nice out why not try the sprints again

well today im happy cuz its like 60 and sunny and i find out that the football stadium down the street is allowing people to use the track now, so im pretty amped that i can at least do something....boy was i wrong, i get there and begin to stretch and i stretched for a good 15 mins total to make sure i was loose and i began doing very slow paced sprints just to keep warming up...things are going great, people are being nice and moving to the side without problem and im beginning to speed things up gradually....so im onto set 5 and again all is well (the birds are signing the wind is at my back and the sun is warm on my skin all i needed was a girl to give me head in between sets of sprints ok so im getting off track) well im nearing the last 10 yards when BAM pulled up fucking lame again

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

so now i cant do cardio and i cant lift and i have to wait till july till benefits kick in to get my arm checked haha...what a day

just another kick to the nuts....

i think ill start playing tiddly winks (sp)...

peace

Top Bottom