Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prostatitis help from Ironmaster and those who have had it

prostatitus is sometimes a convenient label for conditions unknown.. some cases of prostatitus may actually be pudendal neauralgia...

Been having problems with prostatitis for many years and have tried everything.

You need at LEAST a one month course of antibiotics for prostate infections. When you find the right one, you'll know in about 10 days, then stay on it at least another 3 weeks.

I only respond to bactrim anymore. Quinolones have no effect. Has to be at least 30 days or it will come right back and all you do is wipe out the weak organisms and culture the resistant ones.

The urine will likely be clean, as will the prostatic fluid, nothing will culture, but you'll still have an infection. May even be non-bacterial inflammation in which case I'd be loading on fish oil and lycopene.

I suggest Flomax, one cap a day. No sides except slightly lower BP which in my case is good as I'm borderline hypertensive. No effects on exercise intensity. Relieves prostate congestion and reduces the incidence of infection. ECA makes it worse because it causes constriction as does stress.

You can add in Avodart with the flomax and antibiotic. This will really shrink the prostate. Avodart for only about 6 weeks. It may lower your libido and drive somewhat.

Probiotics may also be helpful. Some are finding that abnormal gut flora contributes to prostatitis. No one knows why yet, but that is the thinking.

W6

Thanks everyone.

Flex, I at least dont have any drainage, but the burning and aching sucks big time. Just knowing something aint right down there is bad enough.

Wilson, thanks for the info. Ive done some research and Im going to suggest flomax as well, as Ive heard it softens the tissue allowing better absorbtion of the antibiotics. Ive been using quercetin in hopes of an herbal remedy to try and soften the tissue.

As for the probiotics I began taking those this week. I was concerned with being on antibiotics so long that I would indeed kill off my good bacteria and then come down with some sort of fungi too.

Bactrim didnt seem to work, as I was on levaquin for 7 days switched to bactrim and symptoms returned. My main fear at this point is the bacteria is immune to all the antibiotics Ive been taking and wont be able to be cured. Yeah this sucks. But, thanks for some of the suggestions and support.

At least this shit that makes me piss orange kills 95% of the pain. I forgot what it was like to go through the day feeling 100% healthy again. Cant wait for that to happen.

LB--

Top Bottom