Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prostate Enlargement

Smokescreen

Experienced Noob
Platinum
I have been concerned about this lately. I guess because of the reason that I'm on year round. A few questions about this.

1- What are the symptoms of having an enlarged prostate?

2- What causes it? High levels of DHT ? Or high levels of DHT with High Estrogen??

3- How can it be prevented?

Frequent or sudden need to urinate
Frequent waking up to urinate at night
Weak, variable, or dribbling urine stream
Need to strain or push bladder to urinate
Difficulty beginning urination
Feeling that your bladder never completely empties
Pain or burning during urination

DHT/E

Inhibit high levels of DHT/E

Carth said:
I have been concerned about this lately. I guess because of the reason that I'm on year round. A few questions about this.

2- What causes it? High levels of DHT ? Or high levels of DHT with High Estrogen??

BPH Symptoms

BPH symptoms usually start after the age of 50.

They can include:
-Trouble starting a urine stream or making more than a dribble
-Passing urine often, especially at night
-Feeling that the bladder has not fully emptied
-A strong or sudden urge to pass urine
-Weak or slow urine stream
-Stopping and starting again several times while passing urine
-Pushing or straining to begin passing urine

Why BPH Occurs

The cause of BPH is not well understood. No definite information on risk factors exists. For centuries, it has been known that BPH occurs mainly in older men and that it doesn't develop in men whose testes were removed before puberty. For this reason, some researchers believe that factors related to aging and the testes may spur the development of BPH.

Throughout their lives, men produce both testosterone, an important male hormone, and small amounts of estrogen, a female hormone. As men age, the amount of active testosterone in the blood decreases, leaving a higher proportion of estrogen. Studies done on animals have suggested that BPH may occur because the higher amount of estrogen within the gland increases the activity of substances that promote cell growth.

Another theory focuses on dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a substance derived from testosterone in the prostate, which may help control its growth. Most animals lose their ability to produce DHT as they age. However, some research has indicated that even with a drop in the blood's testosterone level, older men continue to produce and accumulate high levels of DHT in the prostate. This accumulation of DHT may encourage the growth of cells. Scientists have also noted that men who do not produce DHT do not develop BPH.

Def think this side effect is not discussed enough...for most it's out of sight out of mind but heavy adrogen use & a healthy prostate dont go hand in hand.

bump for more thoughts

Well, I certainly have none of those symptoms. But like Ulter said. He said to inhibit DHT and E. I dont' mind the E. But DHT?!!! Shit! That will kill libido and strength and a whole bunch of other good stuff from DHT.

lycopene is great for the prostate, im young but when usin winny and ephedra i noticed some prostate problems, i take know 40mg lycopene a day now.. it has def helped my prostate

Carth said:

i had mine checked once after a long long run of juice, about 15 months. I had it checked about 3 months after and the doc said it was only "slightly" enlarged and nothing to worry about.

The copy and paste by mikefear pretty much sums it all up though!

Top Bottom