Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prostate Cancer and steroids

MASSIVEMONSTER

Can anabolic steroids increase the ruisk of developing prostate cancer and if so what can be taken with steroids to counteract this problem?

Damn bro, I thought you died from chronic liver failure. Where you been? Still paranoid about your 10,000 mg/wk HRT as usual I see.

BTW- Saw Palmetto maybe?

Last edited:
MASSIVEMONSTER said:
Can anabolic steroids increase the ruisk of developing prostate cancer and if so what can be taken with steroids to counteract this problem?
yes they can.

this is a fairly large question and difficult to answer completely in this forum. by and large the steroid itself will not cause the cancer, though if the preexisting cancer is androgen sensitive/dependent, it will make it a LOT worse a LOT faster.

cancer mostly comes down to genetic predisposition, and carcinogens that you ingest/produce. the role of roids in cancer is usually just an accellerant rather than a precipitant.

im sure exceptions to this occur, though most roids taht cause cancer will do so in the liver as a result of metabolism, rather than do anything in the prostate itself.

if you have time, do a search on DHT and prostate cancer and see if anyone has definitively tied DHT to producing cancer in non predisposed individuals. i personally have not read anything to taht effect, though i suspect that this would ahve been investigated.

avoiding cancer as a result of roid use is of course common sense -dont use the ones that do it, dont use methods of administration that do it (ie injection is preferred over oral ingestion), and control the secondary metabolites of the roids that would do it while you use the roids (testosterone -> DHT)

cheerios

Top Bottom