Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Proof of A/S far reaching genetic potential...

HUCKLEBERRY FINNaplex

Elite Mentor
Platinum
Alright,I constantly hear the question,"Do all your gains eventually diminish once you've discontinued anabolics for good?"Or"You won't be able to keep those gains long term,at least not anywhere past your natural genetic potential"...The following study lends credence to alterations in GENETICS from anabolic administration,and these,for the most part,are PERMANENT physiological adaptations that will set one BEYOND their natural potential.Evidence is pointing towards increases in myonucleic populations and satellite cell activation into the mainframe.Satellite cells are basically 'dormant' muscle cells,that usually lie outside of the main skeletal network,and for the most part will never be used or activated.The use of A/S triggers these cells into activation and incorporates them into the striated main-frame.Increases in myonuclei(skeletal muscle nuclei)equates to a permanently enhanced ability to process proteins to further anabolism...Enjoy my brotha's...

Effects of anabolic steroids on the muscle cells of strength-trained athletes.
Kadi F, Eriksson A, Holmner S, Thornell LE
Med Sci Sports Exerc 1999 Nov 31:1528-34

Med Sci Sports Exerc . Volume 31 . Issue 11
VIEW

Abstract
PURPOSE: Athletes who use anabolic steroids get larger and stronger muscles. How this is reflected at the level of the muscle fibers has not yet been established and was the topic of this investigation. METHODS: Muscle biopsies were obtained from the trapezius muscles of high-level power lifters who have reported the use of anabolic steroids in high doses for several years and from high-level power lifters who have never used these drugs. Enzyme-immunohistochemical investigation was performed to assess muscle fiber types, fiber area, myonuclear number, frequency of satellite cells, and fibers expressing developmental protein isoforms. RESULTS: The overall muscle fiber composition was the same in both groups. The mean area for each fiber type in the reported steroid users was larger than that in the nonsteroid users (P < 0.05). The number of myonuclei and the proportion of central nuclei were also significantly higher in the reported steroid users (P < 0.05). Likewise, the frequency of fibers expressing developmental protein isoforms was significantly higher in the reported steroid users group (P < 0.05). CONCLUSION: Intake of anabolic steroids and strength-training induce an increase in muscle size by both hypertrophy and the formation of new muscle fibers. We propose that activation of satellite cells is a key process and is enhanced by the steroid use. The incorporation of the satellite cells into preexisting fibers to maintain a constant nuclear to cytoplasmic ratio seems to be a fundamental mechanism for muscle fiber growth. Although all the subjects in this study have the same level of performance, the possibility of genetic differences between the two groups cannot be completely excluded.

Last edited:
Very nice Huck.

It should be noted that certain steroids(and other growth agents) increase sattelite cells activation in the body.

Let's play steroid Jeopardy

This anabolic androgenic steroid increase the activation of sattelite cells in the body more than any other.

For 400 dollars, can you name which one? :D

Actually isn't GH(possibly IGF1) the best drug for this?

Great post huck, I was just thinking about this the other day! I dont want to be an AS user for life, just to reach my goal, then try to maintain it naturally!:D

To me, this represents the heart of the study:

<<CONCLUSION: Intake of anabolic steroids and strength-training induce an increase in muscle size by both hypertrophy and the formation of new muscle fibers. >>

I have read this paper before HUCK posted it, and have referenced it at least once on the boards without remembering the name.

Essentially this is saying that increased muscle growth is a result of two things:

HYPERTROPHY which had previously been established in humans
HYPERPLASIA: which had not previously been established in human, but hypothesized

The latter of these two will take someone beyond their natural attainable goal, with steroid usage and give them, a higher than normally attainable natural limit to remain at once AAS have been discontinued.

NFG

HugeWannabe said:
Great post huck, I was just thinking about this the other day! I dont want to be an AS user for life, just to reach my goal, then try to maintain it naturally!:D

Me too. I don't want to juice forever but, I also don't want to get huge then lose it all and be thin again. Excellent post as always Huck or should I just call you "Yoda"

Another great read brotha. Keep 'em coming. Definately should be a sticky.....or we can just bump the fuck out of it for the next few weeks.:)

Good for us! At first though, I thought oh shit, now my five yr old daughter has a greater propensity to have 19 inch arms. The genetic part got my attention.

Top Bottom