Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prolotherapy for Tendon and Ligament Injuries

40butpumpin

Tendons are a real concern in the BB world, whether we use AS or not. Heavy lifting can cause micro-tears in the tendons (or the material that attaches muscles to bones), that can be extremely painful, debilitating and can worsen over time if ignored.

Because of the relative density of the tissue making up tendons, it doesn't heal efficiently because it doesn't have access to the same flow of blood, and, thereby, the nutrients required for efficient healing. This makes a tendon injury especially burdensome, and troublesome. Unfortunately, there's hasn't been many options for the treatment of a tendon injury other than rest from the perpetrating activity or surgery. Some may consider DMSO is an option, however, I'm not going to get into that here. For most of the bro's on here, I feel I can safely speak for you by saying that neither rest, nor surgery, is something that we would welcome, simply because it would prevent us from being able to train for some period of time. I don't know what I would do with myself if I couldn't get to a gym and pound, push and pull away my stresses in life.

If you are having problems with tendons, I have come across something in the past few weeks that you may be interested in. It's called Prolotherapy. I won't get into the details, however, I will provide you with the links so you can do the research yourselves. Believe me, it's definitely worth the read. I hope this helps some of you bro's.

What is Prolotherapy:
www.shawhealthcenter.com/pro.htm
http://members.fortunecity.com/dtroberts/index_m.htm

Conditions Helped by Prolotherapy:
www.prolotherapy.com/prolohelp.htm

Case Studies:
www.gracemd.com
http://wheatons.com/prolotherapy_casestudies.htm

FAQ:
www.prolodoc.com/questions.htm
www.esomc.com/prolotherapy.htm
www.caringmedical.com/faqtopics/prolotherapy.asp
www.prolonews.com
www.wheatons.com/prolotherapy_commonquestions.htm

Prolotherapy Articles:
www.prolotherapy.com
www.drtom.net/prolotherapy.htm
www.prolotherapy.com/articles/fabernstljr.htm

Success Stories:
www.prolonews.com
www.prolonews.com/case_history_1_prolotherapy.htm
www.wheatons.com/prolotherapysuccessstories.htm

Rocommended by Former Surgeon General:
www.healthy.net/library/newsletters...rolotherapy.htm

To many articles to injest all at once, but the ones that I did read provided some very good info, I will read the others as well. I have a nagging shoulder injury that never gets 100%, this may be the treatment for me, it worth checking into at any cost. I use DMSO mixed with theragesic (an asprin based cream) with pretty good results along with MSM and knox joint powder.

I've been in pain as of late. I've got an appointment with a Prolotherapist in two weeks, which I'm looking forward to with great anticipation. I think I may have some very strained tendons where my bi's and tri's meet my elbows. I'm bummed about it because it hurts every time I train and I hate taking time off for anything. I have used DMSO also, but I think I'll give the theragesic a try also. Thanks for the info. Do you mix the knox joint powder with the DMSO or do you take that internally?

I drink the knox, it works on the same premise as shark cartilege. Keep us iinformed as to how your appointment and treatment goes, good luck.

I have heard about this treatment, and I am looking into trying
it for the tendenitis in my elbow.

The only problem I am having is locating a practitioner in my area.

I just tried the DMSO mixed with theragesic, and I noticed an immediate pain relief.

Thanks for the info.:)

I had my first Prolotherapy treatment yesterday. Wasn't too bad but I was quite sore afterwards and all night and even into today. I read it's supposed to strenghten tendons 40 - 60% over normal. I'm looking forward to that. I have another appointment in three weeks, and the doc is real cool. Also, my only cost is a $20 copay. :)

You may have to travel a little to get to a doc near you. I had to go to Syracuse from Albany, about 2.5 hours. Sucks, but I feel it's well worth it.

Top Bottom