Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prescription Drugs

BlondBomber

As a newbie, my stats are:

1 - Age (21)
2 - Lifting History (competitive powerlifter turned recreational BB)
3 - Height (6'2'')
4 - Weight (215)
5 - Estimated BF% (Or at least, lean/think/fat etc...) (15%)
6 - Diet (cutting currenlty)
7 - Goals (six-pack w/keeping mass)
8 - Proposed cycle (On 300 mg of Bupropion a day)

While I am not on steroids, I thought my question could be answered here. I take what I call my happy pills everyday (2 150 mg bupropions). They are a generic of Wellbutrin. My psychiatrist told me that one of the side effects could be weight loss, but I assumed that would be because they would lessen people's to compulsively eat, or something along that line. Anyways, I just started a cutting diet, but previously I was eatin a bulking diet, and not getting fatter! I am naturally an endomorph, so bulking normalling adds some fat. I even stopped smoking (another benefit of the meds), so that is not helping me lose weight. I do not use any recreational drugs, and protein powder is my only other supplement. Anyone have any idea if my "happy pills" are some badass thermogenics also?

BlondBomber said:
As a newbie, my stats are:

1 - Age (21)
2 - Lifting History (competitive powerlifter turned recreational BB)
3 - Height (6'2'')
4 - Weight (215)
5 - Estimated BF% (Or at least, lean/think/fat etc...) (15%)
6 - Diet (cutting currenlty)
7 - Goals (six-pack w/keeping mass)
8 - Proposed cycle (On 300 mg of Bupropion a day)

While I am not on steroids, I thought my question could be answered here. I take what I call my happy pills everyday (2 150 mg bupropions). They are a generic of Wellbutrin. My psychiatrist told me that one of the side effects could be weight loss, but I assumed that would be because they would lessen people's to compulsively eat, or something along that line. Anyways, I just started a cutting diet, but previously I was eatin a bulking diet, and not getting fatter! I am naturally an endomorph, so bulking normalling adds some fat. I even stopped smoking (another benefit of the meds), so that is not helping me lose weight. I do not use any recreational drugs, and protein powder is my only other supplement. Anyone have any idea if my "happy pills" are some badass thermogenics also?

these are known to increase dopamine levels/norepinephrine with one known mechanism through the adrenal system, all of this will of course lead to weight loss so it is a bit more chemically advanced than just appetite supression.

H

hisback said:
these are known to increase dopamine levels/norepinephrine with one known mechanism through the adrenal system, all of this will of course lead to weight loss so it is a bit more chemically advanced than just appetite supression.

H
Bro, sweet Drizzt avatar!!!

I could go into more specifics, but many MD's prescribe buprop as an 'off-label' anorexic/weight loss aide. I would not necessarily say it speeds up your metabolism, but the net effect of its modulation of DA and NE levels centrally, and sometimes peripherally, is to your avail.
It has rather low affinity for DA, and even then most of its effects are attributed to DAT expression and hydroxydopamine inhibition. Only at high (450mg+) doses does it become DA reuptake pump inhibitor.
It does increase NE levels centrally and that's the beauty of it, combine with yohimbine for an amplified effect since buprop downregulates beta receptors and adrenergic activity.

I am not sure why you call buprop administration a cycle, per se, since it has no androgenic,anabolic properties, neither has been it purported in modulating other steroidogenesis or inhibition.
What effect are you trying to achieve? There are most likely better alternatives unless you are clinically depressed :eek:

An expert who knows ins and outs of all receptors and neurotransmitters, and weight loss, and weight loss medicines, in a few words: as good as it gets. I will not disclose my professional qualification.

There is no increased metabolic effect, or significant thermogenic effect of Wellbutrin or bupripion. Metabolism is not increased to a level to make a difference in weight by any medicines acting on noradrenaline/norepinephrine axis.

Almost all available prescription weight loss medicines (except for Xenical) are stimulant that work or norephnephrine receptors to decrease appetite. That is their main action, it has never been proved that they have any other mechanism to cause weight loss. Ephedrine is also a stimulant that was never studied for weight loss. My appetite supprant is coffee, which is again, a stimulant. Nicotine is also a stimulant, and supresses appetite. That is why people gain weight when they quit smoking.

Fenfluramine (part of Phen/Fen) worked on serotinine receptors (that gave you the feeling that 'I am full'). Prozac and other SSRIs work on serotonine receptors. People tried Phem-Prozac or Prozac alone for weight loss. Didn't work.

So Wellbutrin thermogenic: no possible mechanism, may possibly decrease appetite.
All appetite suppressants are stimulants of brain, not of metabolism, and there is no exception. There is no stimulant that is thermogenic to the point of causing weight loss.

Juve, I am clinically depressed, and that is the reason I take bupropion. I did not mean to have it seems like I was taking it for recreational reasons. I just noticed my lack of weight gain, so I figured you guys could explain it to me, and you have, so thank you. I might spike the bupropion with a conventional weight loss pill/aid, unless someone would warn against that. I currently drink a lot of caffeinated beverages, and my MD did not say anything against thermogenics, so I might as well capitlize on this window. :bigbuck:

Top Bottom