Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

post workout meal after insulin

Here is how not to get fat on Slin
I do not endorse using insulin however there are right ways and wrong ways. There are also different types. This is extremely important that you are knowledgeable before taking it. Example: you are taking Novolog R pre and post workout. Did you know that you get two peaks??? You need the timing so that you don’t get the second peak of your pre and the first peak of your post workout insulin.

Alot of guys dabble with insulin use and they end up putting on fat and then come to the conclusion that insulin makes you fat.

well if I put a gun to your head every couple of hours and told you you had to eat this "Twinkie, candy bar, or bagel and chug this gallon of gatorade or OJ". you'd probably get fat too.

^ this is what a lot of guys end up doing to themselves when they start using insulin for the first time. these are the guys that were hesitant to start insulin to begin with and they are a bit scared of it to be honest.
their fear makes them over cautious and they over react. their fear is like the gun to to the head and eat the candy bar scenario above, only the gun here is the insulin. they think the insulin is going to kill them (cause them to go hypo and die) unless they force themselves to over eat carbs and sugar.

this is not how it should be . your insulin use protocol should make use of your already perfectly laid out diet. the insulin use does NOT change your diet one bit or cause you to eat more food. the insulin is there to help utilize your nutrition, not the other way around. you shouldn't be feeding your insulin use, you should be using insulin to feed your nutrition.

example - say your current goal has you on 250g of protein per day, 300g carbs and 100g fats. your protein is lean steak and chicken, carbs are potato and rice, fats almond butter and avacodo. thats it.
NOW comes in the super scary insulin thats packing a 9mm. you begin a very basic protocol of say 20iu per day. but your over reactive and afraid of going hypo every frikin minute your taking the slin and you end up pounding bowls of cereal, candy bars, gummy bears, bagels, and a gallon of fruit juice.
all the sudden your 1000 cals of crap food over your original diet in one sitting

no wonder you get fat when you use slin !

if your diet would normally of called for 6oz of chicken and one potato after your workout, then thats what you eat. period, no matter if you took slin or not.
the slin is just there to help you utilize and partition your existing diet.. not give you an excuse to eat your diet plus a bunch of crap on top of it

taking slin isn't an excuse to feed your sugar addiction. A simple baked potato should be enough to cover the 10 iu shot you took.

^ this is why ''insulin'' made you fat. it wasn't the insulin, it was your behavior while on the insulin protocol.
your constant fear of going hypo caused you to over eat junk food and then you began relying on that junk food every time you pinned your insulin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ nobody is disputing any of the stuff you are saying at all. but let's be clear about it, you need to be on a healthy amount of HGH. healthy meaning 5-10iu's, steroids, and more to even consider using insulin. this would mean you have to be a top 40 Mr. O competitor to even consider it, maybe even top 2 regional guy

the normal joe lifter who just wants to get more muscle would be extremely counter productive to go near insulin. this class of lifter makes up 99.9% of this forum and also 99.5% of guys who use steroids.

there is a reason those who are diabetic who are slamming insulin after every meal just to prevent themselves from having blood sugar levels too high aren't walking around as bodybuilders. and the majority of those that use insulin are middle to older females in the USA. they aren't bodybuilders, they aren't even people who have ever smelled a weight in their lives.

if you are going to recommend insulin you gotta have context to why. in my experience most of the guys who mess with insulin on these forums are just younger 20 somethings who want to copy what some goofball on instagram is using. they don't understand that it will just make them fatter. we had a guy like this on evo, 22 years old i believe. he decided to log his insulin experiment. i warned him how bad of an idea it was, he argued with me. by page 5 of his log he had dissapeared and never posted again. i got in touch with him to make sure he was alright and he told me straight up "i wasn't getting anything out of using insulin so i quit the log"

i'm not a fear mongerer on insulin at all, if it was THAT dangerous the millions of diabetics in the USA who use it would be dropping like flies. i am however a REALIST and really if you gotta ask about insulin on a forum you sure as hell shouldn't be using it.

I understand and I respect if people do not like insulin for whatever reason, but saying it makes you fat is totally incorrect. It’s the diet, not the insulin.
I do not take HGH because of cost reasons and it needs to be taken for the long haul. When I am bulking, I do take MK677, which has the similar synergy.
Taking Insulin is a chore in my book. You need to always have something available if you go hypo. You need to be careful of where you go or what you do.
With that being said, it has produced results.

You hear alot of people saying that insulin is NOT anabolic and has no purpose for muscle building and will just make you fat.

well.... consider these thoughts.

Insulin is what we call a glucose disposal agent, essentially it 'opens' up the cells to receive glucose and other nutrients (which includes amino acids and also other hormones and drugs in the blood) , this causes a drop in blood glucose levels (we know as hypoglycaemia).

Another mechanism is the effects on IGF serum levels, IGFBP serum levels and IGF Receptor affinities . We know that all insulin types can increase IGF levels, most to a significant degree, they also lower levels of IGFBP - increasing availability of IGF, another great feature of insulin is it can actually bind to the IGF-1 Receptor , especially insulin glargine which binds to the IGF Receptor with an affinity higher than that of any other insulin currently.

We also have studies indicating that insulin may decrease SHBG (sex Hormone bindings globulin) increasing availability of testosterone. We believe that insulin is antagonistic to growth hormone meaning that when one is raised the other is lowered meaning with exogenous insulin, growth hormone levels decrease, which is why GH is recommended with insulin and vice versa. MK677 is another combo that works well.

So there are many mechanisms of growth with insulin usage, 1: Nutrient shuttling, increasing the nutrients available to muscle cells, 2: IGF, increasing IGF levels, decreasing IGFBP and binding to its Receptor can cause hugely Anabolic affects to muscle cells, 3: Possibly decreasing SHBG, increasing testosterone, and other androgenic steroids availability to bind to receptors.

That’s pretty anabolic to me!

I do not push using insulin and I actually do not like taking it because I cannot be flexible with the timing of my meals and having to eat. I will refute those that say that it just makes you fat. Excerpts from GearHead and all of this is medically sound.

Nice copy and paste. It's then a question of what seems to work in theory vs what I've seen for myself. And what I've seen is all my local buddies either not look any different or look worse.

As opposed to being bigger, more muscular and so on.

Top Bottom