Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Possible Hernia - dammit - I'm on cycle!

justinjones1963

Crap. Friday I hit deadlifts, Monday I did squats (both heavy of course). monday evening I notice a weird spot on my abs (right above where my belt is when I am lifting) about an inch above my belly button. No initial pain but there is definitely something going on.

A few days later it hurts a little. I hit shoulders/trpas Tuesday though - no way I am goving up just yet. I know I can train through injuries but I'll see what the doc results say.

Anyway I am off to see the doctor today and see what is up. Hopefully it is just a pulled ab muscle. From what i have read on hernias surgery is generally necessary which will suck and definitely keep me from deadlifts or squats for a while.

I am on week 6 of EQ 600mg/wk & sus 500mg/wk cycle.

If anyone here has had experience with hernias post your thoughts.

Right now I have been going great cycle wise. No ball shrinkage, virtually zero sides (love AIFM). If I have to quit I may just do AIFM and Clomid for three weeks unless someone here has any other input.

damn I broke a record...in and out of the emergency room in 45 minutes!

I need surgery. That answers whether I will end my cycle lol

I'll post an update when my surgery is done. Doc said it would be a simple procedure.

I have one and have been dodging surgery for 4 years! After the initial event it gets better and comes and goes. I have to have the surgery eventually but keep putting it off and so far so good. But yeah, since it will cripple your lifting for a few weeks anyway then I would do it.

imbilical hernia

or a partial in the upper abdomen.

Many males have a congenital weakness there

i just had one right above my abs and had it operated on about 4 weeks ago...it was a quick operation but it hurt like hell as far as the recovery.....you can be back in the gym lifting light...like hammer machines after 6 weeks my surgeon said. ive been doing cardio for the past 2 weeks and it hasnt been giving me a problem....they give u plenty of painkillers and believe me u need them...if u have any other questions let me know..like i said i just had one in the same spot u did...if its popping out u need to get it taken care of or it can be entagulated( not sure if i said it right) and it will turn into a major surgery...also ask for it to be done laproscopicly, it will leave barely a scar and the recovery is quicker

I have what I think is a hernia. When I exert...my belly button pops out a few clicks. I can actually push it back in though but it happens all the time. I don't know what kind of hernia it is but I don't have any pain because I had surgery in the area for somthing else and have no sensation in the area at all. I have a dead spot with no sensation across my whole front area. Even if it did hurt I couldn't feel it. Anyone know what this kind of hernia is?

starskulker said:
I have what I think is a hernia. When I exert...my belly button pops out a few clicks. I can actually push it back in though but it happens all the time. I don't know what kind of hernia it is but I don't have any pain because I had surgery in the area for somthing else and have no sensation in the area at all. I have a dead spot with no sensation across my whole front area. Even if it did hurt I couldn't feel it. Anyone know what this kind of hernia is?

thats an umbilical hernia......someone at my gym has one and its huge...like i said..look into the lapriscopic surgery..way smaller scar then if they put the mesh in, and less recovery time...get it done now while its winter time

OMEGA said:
imbilical hernia

or a partial in the upper abdomen.

Many males have a congenital weakness there

That is exactly what the doc said.

also, thanks for the input nycdiesel. :)

I do not "have" to go into surgery right now but I am going to stop my cycle which really is no biggie. I do want somewhat normal blood levels prior to surgery and I imagine they are somewhat elevated after 6 weeks. My BP was 130 over 70 which was pretty darn good. Heart rate was 59.

I was thinking the gear may assist with recovery from the surgery but the injury (from how I understand it) deals with the wall around the stomach and not muscle so I doubt the gear will help much.

I do plan on hitting the gym consistently and I am not going to let this side track me. In the meantime I'll wear my belt and focus on strict form and keep my abs tight. The doc said I can keep lifting but no deadlifts and squats.

I imagine surgey will hold me back once I undergo the knife but I am going to do as much as I can. When I broke my leg I completely stopped and that was a huge mistake. Lesson learned!

I guess the biggest let down is not doing squats or dead lifts! That is the bread and butter of lifting. I know other ways to torture my leg and back though. It time to get inventive and try out some new exercises :evil:

Thanks for all of the input and support! I see my surgeon next week - hopefully things will go well.

Time to cap some Clomid. :worried: I think I'll skip nolva and just hit the AIFM. AIFM is a blessing. :verygood:

On a positive note I have been wanting to hit NNP. I didn't front load with orals this time and I think I will front load with NNP next time. Time to plan for my next cycle... lol

I put mine off for 12 years. And I had one on either side. If you repair it through laproscopy you'll be good as new in 8 weeks.

yeah laproscopic is def the way to go...barely a scar...ive seen the scar when they do it the way with the mesh, and if u compete it could really stand out....either way..goodluck w ur surgery

Top Bottom