Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pick up a packet of pumpkin seeds

sigmund

I'm sure many of you already munch on handfuls of these little miracle workers but thought I'd emphasise their inner beauty ;)

First off - what you're getting:

Pumpkin Seeds/1 ounce
Calories 153
Total fat (g) 13
Saturated fat (g) 2.5
Monounsaturated fat (g) 4.1
Polyunsaturated fat (g) 6
Dietary fibre (g) 1.1
Protein (g) 7
Carbohydrate (g) 5
Cholesterol (mg) 0
Sodium (mg) 5
Copper (mg) 0.4
Iron (mg) 4.3
Magnesium (mg) 152
Manganese (mg) 0.9
Phosphorus (mg) 333

The little green seeds are packed with protein, fibre, iron, copper, magnesium, manganese, and phosphorous, as well as the amino acids arginine and glutamic acid. They also contain some calcium, potassium, zinc, selenium, folate, and niacin. Pumpkin seeds also contain linolenic acid, which may help to prevent hardening of the arteries.

Pumpkin seeds, and the oil they contain, have long been used as folk medicine. They have recently been the subject of a number of studies to identify their health-promoting potential - have a search via google and you'll come across a few dozen. Preliminary studies have shown that pumpkin seeds may reduce hormonal damage to prostate cells and help to relieve symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate thus lowering the risk of prostate cancer. Pumpkin seeds have been used to treat urinary tract infections, and in certain parts of Europe, pumpkin seeds have been used to treat learning disorders. In China, pumpkin seeds are regarded as a remedy for depression (and pumpkin seed oil has long been a treatment for prostatitis).

---------------------------------------
A great mid and post cycle aid:
---------------------------------------

CHOLESTEROL LOWERING

Pumpkin seeds have been concurrently used with cholesterol lowering drugs and would appear to potentiate the overall lipid lowering effects. The positive effects on lowering LDL levels and increasing HDL levels are most likely due to the antioxidant and essential fatty acid content of PSO. Side effects of the cholesterol drug were also reduced when PSO was administered. Similar positive results have been found in concomitant use of PS's with anti-hypertensive medication. The hypotensive action is due to the EFAs and antioxidant capability of PSO.

NATURAL TEST BOOST

Zinc increases testosterone, and sperm count. If a zinc deficiency exists sex drive is reduced in order to conserve the zinc (zinc is concentrated in semen). Zinc is involved in protein synthesis, muscle contraction (Myosin, an amino acid found in pumpkin seeds, is known to be essential for muscular contractions), formation of insulin, maintaining acid-base balance, synthesis of DNA and various brain functions.

PROSTATE RELIEF

Researchers have suggested that the zinc, free fatty acid, or plant sterol content of pumpkin seeds might account for their benefit in men with BPH. Studies have shown that pumpkin seed extracts can improve the function of the bladder and urethra, this might partially account for BPH symptom relief. The high zinc content found in pumpkin is thought to help in its prevention. Why not just take zinc supplements instead? Many people find that zinc makes them feel queasy. The zinc in pumpkin seeds is well absorbed, and is also high in essential fatty acids.

KIDNEY FUNCTION

Two studies in Thailand have demonstrated that eating pumpkin seeds as a snack can help prevent the most common type of kidney stone. Pumpkin seeds appear to both reduce levels of substances that promote stone formation in the urine and increase levels of compounds that inhibit stone formation. Some research has demonstrated that PSO could remarkably reduce bladder pressure, increase bladder compliance, and reduce urethral pressure.

-- I try to grab myself a handful or two a day... of the seeds that is :p

yeah they are good for you, but they dont' taste as good as i'd hoped when i found 'em the frist time

Biter said:
I dig 'em. They seem to have a slight libido boosting effect in my case as well.

I could be imaging it but they also seem to help me get an uninterupted nights sleep.

I notice increased libido too.

Top Bottom