Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Partial Labrum Tear (shoulder) Surgery?

MrDurden

I was just diagnosed with a partial labral tear with some rotator cuff "agitation" using a MRI. Has anyone had problems with this? What solutions worked for you? I'm on Daypro and supposed to start with a Physical Therapist this Monday. Surgery is a possibility, but I don't want it to make me stiff or weak.

Stats: 33M 6'2" 205, Softball outfielder 3x week, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 2x week, weight training 6x week (split), personal trainer by occupation.

Thanks.

I wouldnt have surgery. I had the same exact thing (confirmed by 2 docs looking at an MRI). I couldnt even throw a softball for a few weeks and i couldnt lift weights for a while.

The first ortho recommended surgery. But when i had my knee surgery, my new top notch surgeon said i should just wait.

I waited and did plenty of light shoulder work and tried to rest it as much as possible. I was near 100 percent with very little effects about a year later. Now i am 100 percent.

Everyone is different, but i think avoiding surgery is the way to go. I know it took me months to get better. but if you do surgery it will also take months to get better. And i know that my shoulder couldnt be any stronger now, than it was before.

Top Bottom