Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Paleo diet

yock925

Anyone on this forum follow the paleo diet? I have to get on it due to auto immune disease. I'm limited in what I eat as well, so now this makes it that much harder. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks bros!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you get a different answer each time you ask what paleo diet is. the way they frame it is you only eat things that are whole foods, nothing in boxes. in principle it is a great diet

but the reality is our ancestors didn't eat such a diet. (rant coming)
in reality if we ate paleo you wouldn't be going to the grocery store for your food the way we do.. you would be hunting, fishing, and gathering your own food with only rocks and sticks.. no farming, growing allowed. the cavemen did not develop farms, ranches, and grow their own food. that all came during the farming era millions of years after. they were lucky to ever eat meat more than once a week, and even then it was very small amounts.

early man did not have access to semi-automated weapons and $240K fishing boats like we have today, nor 30 foot nets. if they were lucky they would catch squirrels or other vermin to eat. so when someone 'paleo' tells you they ate a 14oz steak with A1 sauce feel free to laugh. cows did not even exist a million years ago, they are domesticated and the American cows are a joke. they aren't even fed grass

anyway my point is if you want to really do a paleo/caveman diet eat bugs and squirrels you catch, and eat fruit or veggies you manage to find that are not farmed. you would be in a famine state and lucky to get even 300 calories a day. essentially that is why the human race almost died out, aside from disease, they pretty much starved into extinction. now with corporate farming and commercial fishing we are able to produce tons of food, which is why the human race is growing like crazy. thankfully i won't be around to see how bad we fuck up things further :)

I like the principles behind the paleo diet - unprocessed single ingredient foods but I think it's too strict for a bodybuilder or physique athlete.

A bodybuilder or physique athlete is going to have a really hard time meeting their carbohydrate requirements without incorporating some grains like rice and oatmeal into their diet.

I don't like gluten but I don't think there is anything wrong with including some hypoallergenic grains into your diet like rice.

That would be my advice to you - follow the paleo diet but add in rice, oatmeal, and maybe a good quality whey isolate shake.

Yeah I'm worried about losing weight and being limited to what I eat. I have alopecia on my face and have auto immune issues that run in my family. That's why I'm doing this diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom