Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Painkillers?

jokerswild said:
yea, remember qualudes, ahh the early eighties, coke, qualudes and the end of disco, all good things must come to and end...
I think i remember at least i thought i remembered but i think i forgot

I'm on oxycontin. It's a bitch to get off but I've done it several times then got back on several times. I suffer from chronic pain as well so I know where you are coming from.

Here are my conclusions after a great deal of research: opiates, if used for a legitimate medical purpose and correctly, should cause no physical harm; it's the tylenol in the vicodin that's responsible for the liver damage.

I would ask your doctor to prescribe an opiate without tylenol if you're concerned (and rightly so) about liver damage.

Good luck and if you ever go over your dose make sure you tell your doctor so he can work with you. Addiction is synonomous with lying. It's almost impossible to be an honest addict with a social support network and a doctor. Get what I'm saying?

kyrip said:
well first off oxycodone is not 3x stronger than hydrocodone (both are the main pain relievers in descent prescribed pain pills) . There isn't a great deal of difference at all really. The bad thing with the vics,lory's and percs is all the damn tylenol. thats what really f's your body up.
if you were to GET PRESCRIBED to IR-5's basically 5mg of oxycodone in a capsule and thats all,it would be small enough a dose if taken when needed where you wouldn't be at high risk at all of addiction and there aren't all the shits and headaches when you come down especially if you only take them when you needed them. If tylenol makes you sick then tell your doctor and they will usually prescribe you something with less or no tylenol in it. they do not mass produce hydrocodone without tylenol but there are pharmacuetical made capsules for people that can't have oxycodone and or tylenol so you are more likely to get ir's (5,10 and 30mg oxycodone).
i do not see anything wrong with taking pain meds if taken when needed (usually less than prescribed) and not abused, the only bad thing with lifting is the tiredness, groggy,and basically feel like shit mode they may put some people in.this may make you not WANT to work out but thats up to you i guess. Most people can handle 10mg oxycodone without feeling "weird" feel like shit mode. once your body gets used to taking them in high dosage for a long period, your body will hurt and ache for a while and you may be sick as hell if you don't get some in you but thats only when you are Addicted ( truly phyisical dependant ).
DO NOT GET ADDICTED (period). I have seen alot of ppl lose family and lots and lots of money because of being addicted to pain pills so i want to stress the TAKE AS NEEDED thing. I suggest trying different types of over the counter pain relievers ( advil liquid gels work great for me ) before even consulting a doctor about prescription pain meds.
just my .02

Good post....i got you out of the red bro

But you are wrong in the first part, oxy and hydro are different bro......for SURE

JKurz1 said:
I want to know all there is to know. FOr an FYI....I have a minimum of three friends hat are highly highly addicted to vicodine. I have used (like I posted a few weeks ago) 1/2 of a tab here and there for severe pain in my delt, but never ever more than 1-2 a week total as I feel it messes up my appetite, brain function, makes me groggy and overall feel prety crappy. The things I want to replay to these guys are: Is it a fact that it messes with digestion? How about weight training effect? I know its got to be horrid on your liver....any response would be great!

This addiction can be very hard to beat. May need to get some help from treatment center.

Pretty good info here. I was on hydrocodone for a little over a year and can say the withdrawal is difficult but not horrible if you don't have major chronic pain. For me the drugs managed the pain from a leg injury pretty well, and the occasional grinding of 10-20 pills, a cold water bath, and a couple coffee filters made for a few very nice weekends. I never really had any negative experiences on or off the drug.

One comment about hydrocodone preparations without the APAP: these preparations are schedule II substances, while the APAP blends are schedule III (hydrocodone blends with 15mg or more hydro, as well as all oxycodone preparations, are also schedule II). I'm sure everything's on the up-and-up here, but just in case it isn't, anyone planning to access the drugs should be advised that the law views pure hydrocodone and APAP blends differently.

A couple nitpicky points about some earlier comments. First, while the APAP in Vicodin is responsible for the lion's share of the liver damage these drugs can cause, orally administered hydrocodone is metabolised in the liver and can cause liver damage on its own, especially in the large doses some addicts need. Also, I have to disagree with the earlier comment on the relative opiate strength of hydromorphone. It's a tough addiction and a powerful substance, probably stronger than oxycodone, but it has nothing on fentanyl.

zaxxon1982 said:
Pretty good info here. I was on hydrocodone for a little over a year and can say the withdrawal is difficult but not horrible if you don't have major chronic pain. For me the drugs managed the pain from a leg injury pretty well, and the occasional grinding of 10-20 pills, a cold water bath, and a couple coffee filters made for a few very nice weekends. I never really had any negative experiences on or off the drug.

One comment about hydrocodone preparations without the APAP: these preparations are schedule II substances, while the APAP blends are schedule III (hydrocodone blends with 15mg or more hydro, as well as all oxycodone preparations, are also schedule II). I'm sure everything's on the up-and-up here, but just in case it isn't, anyone planning to access the drugs should be advised that the law views pure hydrocodone and APAP blends differently.

A couple nitpicky points about some earlier comments. First, while the APAP in Vicodin is responsible for the lion's share of the liver damage these drugs can cause, orally administered hydrocodone is metabolised in the liver and can cause liver damage on its own, especially in the large doses some addicts need. Also, I have to disagree with the earlier comment on the relative opiate strength of hydromorphone. It's a tough addiction and a powerful substance, probably stronger than oxycodone, but it has nothing on fentanyl.
good post, but fentanly is very short acting...
dolodid(sp?) and demerall rank up there as well and are longer acting then fentanly.

in some places docs and hospitals have actually stopped prescribing demerall b/c of the buzz and halunications people get from it. Unfortionantly i love it

SwolK said:
good post, but fentanly is very short acting...
dolodid(sp?) and demerall rank up there as well and are longer acting then fentanly.

in some places docs and hospitals have actually stopped prescribing demerall b/c of the buzz and halunications people get from it. Unfortionantly i love it
Dilaudid is the brand name for hydromorphone referenced above. Like oxycodone, it's a derivative of morphine, but it has better analgesic effects (and for most people, worse euphoric effects) which makes the physical addiction more severe.

Demerol is the brand name for meperidine, a synthetic opioid. I don't have any experience with the substance but have heard reports like yours before.

Fentanyl's a much more potent synthetic that works very differently. It's dosed in micrograms transdermally to chronic pain patients with opiate tolerances or through a needle to recreational users. Homemade batches of this are often sold on the street as a more powerful heroin substitute, and a bunch of junkies in the midwest OD'd on it this spring thinking it was the less powerful heroin.

Good shit zaxxon, i havent looked into opiates TOO much (not in med school yet), but i remember reading hydromorph is a FASTER addiction to get than all (it didnt mention fent, i know thats a potent one used...similar to duragesic i think?) others including morph and all the oxys and percs and such. I know i LOVED the euphoric feelings on dillies (way better than any other, except percs cuz they make me hallucinate) and only after about 2-3 weeks of nightly use only (8-12mg per, 12mg had me breathing pretty shallow and near comatose, big mistake) i had a month of hell withdrawl after only 2-3 weeks. Constant shaking, naseaus, crying, it was like a 24hr panic attack without the blacking out...oh my god it was terrible.

Top Bottom