Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

overtraining question

DanCast

[FONT=&quot]Is there a such thing? I train a hour road cycling on a morning, then 2 and half hours weight training a day 1 rest day, my weight is 215lbs it hase stayed at that for over a month, but i gave good gains and its fat im burning and gaining muscle, just after a few tips to see if im going in the right direction,[/FONT]

It depends on the individual and how well your recover and rest too. I personally train 6 days a week (2 light days and 4 heavy) with no real issues.

is there such a thing as overtraining? i suggest you just take a second and look it up and you will see it a major thing and can be a huge problem... 2.5 hours of weight training? no shit you have stayed the same weight... you are severely over training and soon you will start to lose muscle... what you are doing is absolutely ridiculous...

NFL athletes do not hit AT ALL all season in between games, they have walk throughs, meetings, study film, and non hitting practices running plays, maybe some light conditioning work

if there was no such thing as overtraining then they would be pounding each other all week between games. same thing with any other pro sport. hockey teams rest their goalies if they have a tough stretch of games, you will see the backup in there to give him relief.. and the teams look sluggish when they play 2 games in a row

humans did not evolve to overtrain physically, we are more thinkers than doers.. a bloodhound was bred to sniff out the dead body for hours and hours and hours and will not stop.

now i'm not saying not to work hard, but i am saying if you work SMARTER you would accomplish much more than just going to the gym and pounding weights for 2-3 hours a day. consolidate your workout to 45 minutes that is it. handle your business.. and consider picking up a couple yoga classes a week and adopt daily stretching to fill in time

[FONT=&quot]Is there a such thing? I train a hour road cycling on a morning, then 2 and half hours weight training a day 1 rest day, my weight is 215lbs it hase stayed at that for over a month, but i gave good gains and its fat im burning and gaining muscle, just after a few tips to see if im going in the right direction,[/FONT]
If your training and muscle breakdown exceeds your capacity to recover and rebuild, yes its overtraining. It's common sense really

Top Bottom