Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Overtraining discussion ... Overtraining advice while "on gear"

I see alot of different opinions on overtraining ... some people say listen to your body ... if it feels healed then you are able to train again (for example hit a bodypart twice a week) ... and then some people say overtraining is extremely easy to do and almost everyone does it ....

Any opinions on this topic??

How about the 1g a week cutoff ... 2g a week cutoff ... I am guessing if you are on more than a gram a week of gear your body can recover faster and therefore help you not to overtrain...

IMO, I think its just as easy to overtrain while 'on' gear because its a psycological thing. People who are on thinks they are invincible and will train much more than they should resulting in overtraining. You still need time for those muscles to fully repair and recover before you hit it again regardless whether you are 'on' or not its the same principle. Like I said its just my opinion!

peace

Viper is on the money with the massive urge to train beyond reason while on. I find that while doing the backstroke in Gplennish and on 50mg of Var ED I was training way too much.

Bump for some more info on this topic. I have had a few friends go off to the military, and they come back shredded, even though what they do would be something a lot of us consider overtraining. They all told me they would work the same, sore muscles everyday. This sounds like anathema to me, but they all survived...

Also, don't know if any of you got a look at Ken Shamrock's book, "Inside the Lion's Den", but in it he mentions making the new guys do 1000 naked (no weight) squats a day. He referred to it as "Callousing".

I have always wondered about this. Wouldn't this kind of thing be perfect for a cutting cycle?

I wish there was one direct answer for this, but I don't think there is.

I guess one could always say that all the guys from Steve Reeves all the way up to Ronnie Coleman trained often, and with volume. Then you have people who claim that without genetics, and aas on your side, you couldn't do that. So who knows?

My personal opinion is that you can train more often, and harder while on, but you still have to be careful. If your sleep schedule is good, and your nutrition plan is perfect, then I don't see why you couldn't. Then there is always the time issue. Having a job, kids, etc makes things a lot harder. Ronnie Coleman can relax all day, and not be stressed out. Arnold tanned at the beach all day. Not everyone has that luxury.

Overtraining on gear? More like under(eating/sleeping) On gear I train 5 on 1 off 1.5-2 hours a day, off I train 1-1.5hours/day same split. My training split btw is:1. chest, 2. back, 3. legs, 4. shoulders, 5. arms, 6. rest. Another advantage of not training like a sissy is that you don't have to worry more about your diet than americas next top model.

Redux said:
Bump for some more info on this topic. I have had a few friends go off to the military, and they come back shredded, even though what they do would be something a lot of us consider overtraining. They all told me they would work the same, sore muscles everyday. This sounds like anathema to me, but they all survived...

Also, don't know if any of you got a look at Ken Shamrock's book, "Inside the Lion's Den", but in it he mentions making the new guys do 1000 naked (no weight) squats a day. He referred to it as "Callousing".

I have always wondered about this. Wouldn't this kind of thing be perfect for a cutting cycle?

IMO, most people that I have heard talk/worry about overtraining are in fact not training hard enough. When I got divorced, I trained for like 3hrs a day 5-6 days a week and made the best progress ever and I was natural at that time. I wouldn't spend that much time now but, I still train for 1.5 - 2hrs on average regardless if I'm on anything or not. I think as stated before the biggest factor in that is making sure you eat right and get plenty of rest. If you aren't taking in enough calories and only sleeping 4-5hrs a night, I can see where overtraining would come into play. I have also been on an intentional "overtraining" routine for the past couple months trying to get my back wider and arms bigger and thus far it is working. I spend 1 month doing pull-ups at the beginning of every workout then the following month I hit bi's and tri's for a few sets each before every workout. Your body will let you know if you are overtraining, untill then, don't be afraid to bust your ass each and every training session.

Overtraining is one of the worst understood phenomenons ever.

Here are some basic overtraining facts for you:
-Overtraining is a systemic, not a local phenomenon. If you pick one day and do 50 sets for arms, you will not "overtrain" your arms.
-Fatigue is frequently confused with overtraining. Overtraining is a result of CHRONIC FATIGUE. Weeks on end in which you are continuously working out in an exhausted state.
-True overtraining is almost impossible at the level of work most of the people here do. It is possible to work hard enough and frequently enough that fatigue prevents one from making strength gains. But true overtraining is rare and occurs mostly in extreme athletes who work out twice a day 6 days a week and do copious amounts of cardio too.

People work each muscle once per week, take gear, and then get concerned with overtraining. Guys, with 1g/week of AAS you can probably use the same volume per bodypart 2-3x/week and not overtrain. Don't let people tell you not to change your training while on. Do more volume, do more frequency! Bottom line, you will not overtrain, your gains will be better.

supertech69 said:
IMO, most people that I have heard talk/worry about overtraining are in fact not training hard enough. When I got divorced, I trained for like 3hrs a day 5-6 days a week and made the best progress ever and I was natural at that time. I wouldn't spend that much time now but, I still train for 1.5 - 2hrs on average regardless if I'm on anything or not. I think as stated before the biggest factor in that is making sure you eat right and get plenty of rest. If you aren't taking in enough calories and only sleeping 4-5hrs a night, I can see where overtraining would come into play. I have also been on an intentional "overtraining" routine for the past couple months trying to get my back wider and arms bigger and thus far it is working. I spend 1 month doing pull-ups at the beginning of every workout then the following month I hit bi's and tri's for a few sets each before every workout. Your body will let you know if you are overtraining, untill then, don't be afraid to bust your ass each and every training session.

Were you sore doing all those pullups every day? I just always assumed you shouldn't work sore muscle hard, and that recuperation was essential.

I have been thinking of jumping into something like that for my summer cutter, but I am not looking to fuck myself up.

And when you say, "Your body will let you know",what do you mean by that? Fatigue? Bad nerves?

I really want to hear more about how that worked out for you.

Top Bottom