Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Overcomming fear of needles

Moogul

Hi guys! so i'm getting ready to start my first cycle in 2 weeks.
Now my only problem is, i suffer from a crippling fear of needles. Well actually syringes. I have a bunch of tattoos (20+ hours of work done), the needles there didn't bother me at all but syringes scare the shit out of me. I'm not affraid of the pain, i know they don't hurt. I know it's not rational. I know i shouldn't be scared like a little girl, but i am nonetheless (it's kinda like a phobia of mine)
A couple years back, i had to get my twinrix (hepatitis) vaccine and i fainted. that's how bad it is.
I'm planning to use Test E at 350mg/ml (was thinking .75 ml e4d) injected with 25g 1" needles and probably rotating glutes and quads, maybe do traps eventually
i read a bunch on IM injections so i know to heat up my gear in warm water before, to go slowly and to change the needles between draw and injections. I was wondering if anyone had to go through the same thing before and could give me some advice on how to overcome this fear of pinning? or any other advice that you believe first timer should def know about. Any and all helps appreciated.
It's ok if you want to make fun of me, but at least try to be original in your mockery ;)

The first pin will take some nerve, but its all easy from there. Do a glute shot as this is the least painful, and use a 25 gauge pin. One day you will look back on this and laugh.

I would say go for your delt the first time because i'm assuming you already have wide shoulders as a lifter right? so if you are like me you are always bumping your shoulders into doors and walls so for me its painless to hit the delts for that reason since they are used to pain. use ice to numb the top of the skin where the nerves are and go into the delts, should be no problem

haha. well i don't usualy run into things but delts seems like it's doable. should i aim more for the top, front or side? also how deep should i run in the needle there? because if i can use a 5/8" instead of 1 or 1 1/2 might actually helps a lot with the fear part haha

I donno bro I'm kind of worried for you if you passed out when having someone else do it, just imagine doing it yourself bringing the pin back and jamming in your flesh while watching it go in, think you can handle that and stay conscious?

idk. This time i want to do it, as opposed to i have to. I think it will help. i might be better off asking someone at the gym to do it for me the first couple times, but i kinda wants to get past this and able to do it myself. you got to face your fears to overcome them, right?
You think i should do a few bunk injections with sterile saline solution as to not mess me up if i get woozy?

For me I would do glutes.. just my preference. Find a spot, pinch hard with your nails without breaking the skin grab that sucker and push it through the skin slowly but firmly. Not too slow. Once you break the skin then your good. Honestly I still get bit nervous before I pin and I pin 4 times a week but when I'm done that's it. Some people will never be comfortable doing it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

I would say go for your delt the first time because i'm assuming you already have wide shoulders as a lifter right? so if you are like me you are always bumping your shoulders into doors and walls so for me its painless to hit the delts for that reason since they are used to pain. use ice to numb the top of the skin where the nerves are and go into the delts, should be no problem

i know this feel, they are slightly out of sight from my peripherals, and being wide i constantly bump into them

Top Bottom