Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ostarine log – first time user

OstaRat

Hi guys,

So, I’m new to sarms (and steroids, which I still don't want to use), and after some reading I decided to give a try to ostarine. Shipment is on its way and I should get it on Monday.

Trial.
I ordered 2 bottles of 90 caps at 10mg per dose. I intend to use 20mg a day, so I would have enough for 12 weeks… but planning to run only for 8 weeks. One bottle was not enough (45 days – 6.5 weeks). Also, even though I could have bought 90 caps at 25mg per dose, I wanted to have a lower dose as I’m quite light weight and wanted the ability to lower the dose during the trial if needed.

Stats.
I’m 5’8, 165lbs (+/- 2lbs), pretty stable in the last couple of weeks if not months. Last bf test was at 4.7%, 4 weeks ago and I’m probably around 5% by now (estimate). I’m 40yo and I’m weight lifting consistently for about 6 years now, even though I’m lifting in and out since I was 18yo. Only 6 years ago did I decided to commit. I’m natural (still… until Monday) and have used many supplements in the past years.

Goal(s).
My goal is to recomp. I’d like to go down to 3%bf (which I did naturally 3 years ago), while still gaining lean body mass in the process. Ostarine seems to be good for that, and being the safest of the sarms (to my short knowledge), so this is why I decided to do this trial.

Training.
My weight training style is usually high volume, with some intensity techniques. If anyone is on Bodybuilding.com, you might know about the Project Mass program : 6 days a week, day 1-3 are strength days, day 4-6 are hypertrophy days, and day 7 is active rest day (HIIT). However, I do abuse and extend my training sessions quite a bit. When it’s says to do 3 sets of an exercise, I’ll do 5, if it’s says to do 5 I’ll do 7… In the end, my training usually last 2-2.5 hours…

Since beginning of July, I’m also doing HIIT on a stationnary bike at home almost every day! It consist of 12 short but hard intervals of 20 seconds followed by slower pace for 40 seconds for a total of 60 seconds per interval cycle (approximate, as it is also based on the power output : the more power I give, the shorter it will last. The setting is that a full cycle is completed when 18 calories has been burnt). Also, after the 6 intervals, there is an extra period of 40 seconds of slower pace. So the full HIIT training last about 12min and 40 seconds, which I was usually doing consistently since January, on days I was doing HIIT. However, since July, despite doing it everyday for one month (even on legs days), last night (Saturday) I completed it in 12min and 6 seconds, bettering my time by 5-10 seconds almost every day in the last week. Adaptation ? Or is it some special supp I had recently? (see below)

Before calling for « overtraining », please consider Schwarzy and Lou Ferigno where doing 5-6 hours long workouts every day (maybe splitting it in two in order to eat in between), and they didn’t had access to all the supplements we have today. I fear going to do my HIIT every time, because I know the pain, yet recovery must be not too bad if I can better my time by about 35 seconds in the last week.

Supplements.
- HMB-FA pre-workout and pre-HIIT
- Pre-workout formula ("home made", trying to mimic Pre-Jym) before weight training AND before HIIT (minus caffein, except on Sunday)
- Post-workout formula ("home made", trying to mimic Post-Jym) after weight training AND post HIIT
- Omega 3 (3g morning and 3gr pre-bed)
- CLA (2g morning and 2g pre-bed
- Test booster in the morning (TestoFX from Allmax Nutrition)
- ZMA pre-bed
- 100mg DIM, post WO
- Gaba pre-bed
- Whey Isolate pre and post WO
- BCAA almost with every meals and snacks…

- Aaaaandd, new since beginning of July : peppermint extract... 4 drops in the morning, 4 drops pre-HIIT and 4 drops pre-bed. Using it specifically for HIIT, and I tend to believe my performance on HIIT could be due to this little boy starting to have some effect. But I could be wrong and it could be simply normal adaptation to the effort.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/tip-get-killer-workouts-with-this-plant-oil
https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-10-15
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4103722/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3607906/

For the ostarine trial, I’m thinking about droping the test booster for the first 2 to 4 weeks. As per the recommendation of the manufacturer, I need to cycle TestoFX 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off anyway… So maybe by cycling it off starting on Monday for 2 to 4 weeks, I’ll do myself a favor by reintroducing it by week 3 or 5 until 2 to 4 weeks after the completion of the ostarine trial. And by the way, yes, I do feel a difference when I use TestoFX!

What do you guys think ? Should I cycle off ZMA and DIM the same way ? Or should I keep them?

Nutrition.
My BMR is 1910 calories per day. I work in the IT (desk job)
On upper body days and rest day, I’m having about 2200 calories (~275g protein).
On legs days, Im having about 2500 calories (~265g protein).

Well, I guess this is it…
Now can’t wait to get my shipment.

Note :
Not disclosing the ostarine manufacturer, sorry. So don’t ask, I will not answer that question.

Regards,

Thanks for your concern, even though BF % assessment is not the core subject. Another "tool/methodology" put me at 9.3%, and another one put me at 11%. As you know, it varies a lot. I was just using the one that is most flattering and that as been the most consistent over the years. But don't fear, I'm far from looking like Helmut Strebl ;)

Let's go back to the goal : I want to get leaner and gain some lean muscle mass in the process. I know my legs and belly could be leaner, even though I like the way it is going in the past few weeks with using the HIIT protocol mentionned in the first post.

I do have concern about suppression, even though I read somewhere on this forum that ostarine would only suppress about 5%. However, that statement does not indicate at what dosage and for what duration. As I mention, because of the dosage of my capsules (10mg each), I intend to use 20mg per day, for 8 weeks. What would be the suppression for 8 weeks... and what would it be for 12 weeks?

Also, all the training, nutrition and supplements I mention above are what I do already. The only thing that would change for the duration of this research study is the addition of ostarine. I need to cycle my test booster (I'm 40yo, and it helps), So I'm planning on cycling it off on day one (tomorrow) for 2 to 4 weeks.

Should I cycle off DIM and ZMA as well ?

I would certainly appreciate any advice on duration and posology.

Also, am I too aggressive with the nutrition (calories) and cardio (HIIT) for a recomp ?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there is a 99.9% chance of your SARMS being fake, since they can be sold legally only as reseach chemicals, and no reputable source will sell capsulated forms of SARMS. Usually, they will lace them with prohormones in order to lead the user to a deception, because they will get performance enhancement. However, this is a dangerous situation, as prohormones have side effects that do not take place with SARMS, and consequently one does not have the chance of preventing those by using the proper ancillaries. Therefore, in the best of the cases, you would be getting bunk SARMS.

If you want to get real SARMS, make sure that you have a reliable source. Personally, over the years I have used the SARMS of many brands, and so far only sarms1 were able to always deliver real and high quality SARMS for me. Therefore, I can personally vouch for them. Besides, their customer service is really good, and they will always go an extra mile for their customers.

This was Friday, post chest, shoulders and arms. My starting point.
Friday_2017-08-04.jpgFriday_2017-08-04_side.jpg

Attachments

• Friday_2017-08-04.jpg
    Friday_2017-08-04.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Friday_2017-08-04.jpg
    Friday_2017-08-04.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Friday_2017-08-04.jpg
    Friday_2017-08-04.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Friday_2017-08-04_side.jpg
    Friday_2017-08-04_side.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 119
Bleh... we should be able to edit/delete our post, and preview before posting even on the quick reply... Ah... I see we can preview when we click on Advanced.
Good thing I scratch my head on the pic, but I tought I had removed it before uploading without the head. So why is it still there in the post???

brother your body fat is extremely low.. probably 7-9%. you look ripped as hell.
i do agree with lev.. remember sarm's can only be legally sold as research chemicals in liquid form. you should go to sarm1 and buy legit ostarine

use the ostarine 25-50mg a day for 8-12 weeks. and you can add in hcgenerate when you feel necessary.. when you come off run a mini-pct with the hcgenerate for 4-6 weeks.

Thanks for your imput Steve!
I'll consider sarms1. Do they ship to Canada? Any experienced researchers in Canada having difficulty with customs?
When in liquid form, do we need extra apparatus, or all that is required (for proper dosage/measurement) is always included with the product ?

Anyway, I Just received my shipping and started the experiment with 40mg around 2:40PM.
I usually train at 7:30PM on week days.
Of course, I don't expect much before 2-2.5 weeks.

Next dosages should be 20mg upon waking up, around 8:30-9:00AM

Should I be very very strict on timing? Sometimes on the weekend I get lazy and wake up around 11:00-11:30AM... Should I set up my alarm at 8:30 anyway then whatever if I want to go back to "nap" until 11:00?

Thanks,

I am located in Canada as well. Winnipeg, Manitoba.

SARMS1.com ships to Canada. I have ordered from them countless times and have never had an issue wit customs.

There is a dropper in the vial that has measurements on it. Measure out your dosage with the dropper, squirt it into your mouth, swallow, and then chase with coffee/juice/water

Top Bottom