Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ostarine log – first time user

8-12% body fat is what is deemed at optimal body fat percentage for a man.

9% body fat is awesome. That's a perfect combination of looking lean and aesthetic but not being so lean that you develop health issues.

99% of people WISH they were 9% body fat. Most men in north america are like 20%

Good log @OstaRat. Do you use a power trainer or do you so your HIIT by feel?
By feel. Doing a quads and a hams exercice on 5 out of 6 training days (5 to 8 sets each, not counting warmups) my legs are too sore for a HIIT session on the stationnary bike after those days. Tomorrow I don't train legs (shoulders, arms and traps), so I'll see how I feel, but I didn't have it on my plan, so won't beat myself up if I don't do HIIT.

High frequency training is not to be done for too long a period, and I definitely need my 8 hours sleep and ample protein before bed to optimise recovery.

That is definitely a good idea to have enough rest before doing HIIT, so make sure your legs are rested before you try that.

Update, Sunday Oct. 8, day 63
Completed week 9.

Sorry I didn't log last week, I was a bit disappointed by the weight fluctuation and bodyfat test (at home with the Omron) that lead to think I lost muscle mass and gained fat. Meals were not always perfect, and not doing any cardio at all (first time I don’ do at least one cardio session in a week since probably last time I went on vacation in Europe 5 years ago…) may have had some impact on glycogen and water retention, who knows. I decided to give the program (high frequency) a chance on another week (last week), as I may simply need some time for adaptation. Again, last week I did eat a bit more than planned, and decided to do no cardio again. No surprise here: weight gain again.

This morning I weigh in at 172lbs @ 10% bodyfat, which is 3.9lbs over 2 weeks ago (last log), and probably half and half muscle and fat gain. I can still see my abs very clearly even when unflexed, and with some striations on the obliques when flexed. But the skin pinch at the abdomen is probably 1 mm thicker than it used to be during the whole summer.

Overall after 9 weeks, I’m up 5.7lbs, of which 4lbs would be muscle and 1.7 would be fat. Most of it being in the last 2 weeks.

3 more weeks to go. I’ll do my best to keep it tight with the meal plan, but I’ll skip the cardio again.

Cheers, and Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!

Update, Sunday Oct. 15, day 70
Completed week 10.

Again last week, I used high frequency training, no cardio, ate around 600-700 calories over maintenance (appetite and cravings were strong), and sleep was good at about 7h per day on week days, except for last Sunday night (oct. 8) where I couldn’t sleep at all until Monday night… I won’t go into details, but it happens once in a while. Stress stuff, not related to the research.

About the appetite and cravings increase, maybe this is related to the fact I was falling for some cookies and muffin in the past few weeks, and I crave it more now (sugar addiction??), or could it be cardarine ? (I started cardarine on day 9 though, so if that was a side effect it should have kicked in sooner I guess)

This morning I weigh in at 171.2 lbs @10% body fat, according to the Omron at home. Saturday morning that machine was a bit easier on me, with 9.3% bf while I was 172.7lbs. Saturday is my biggest workout of the week, lasting about 3 hours, and I probably this time I didn’t eat as much as usual on my post workout meal (my usual refeed). Anyway, as it is this morning, it would be a 0.8lb loss over last week, and it would be all muscle… If I go with Saturday’s number, to cheer my ego up, then compared to previous Saturday it would be an increase of 1.6lb of muscle and a drop of 2lb of fat.

Sticking with Sunday’s numbers, overall after 10 weeks, I’m up 4.8lbs, of which 3.2lbs would be muscle and 1.6 would be fat.

Waistline (at belly height) is still at 80 cm, just like in the beginning of this research (without holding, or flexing the abs). Skin pinch seems back to the usual I was during summer and most of this study. As the skin fold at the belly seems back to normal compared to last week (when it appeared a bit thicker), maybe the 0.8lb weight loss was not muscle, but I can’t be sure. Tomorrow I should receive calipers, so I’ll be able to measure skin fold much more precisely. Too bad I didn’t think about buying them before the study. Only 2 weeks to go now.

Have a great week.

Top Bottom