Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ostarine log – first time user

I am in Canada as well and have been using sarms1 products for years. I have never had an issue with customs. Not even once. They remove the label on the product and put a sticker on the bottom so you know what it is. Next time you order hit me up. I can probably get you a discount.

Started Monday Aug. 7 @166.3lbs

Today is Day 12
Saturday is usually the day I weight in. This morning I was at 170.8lbs
I got measured at 6.4%bf at the gym. Next check at the gym will be in 6 weeks. (At home, my Omron gave me 10.8%bf, up 1.5% since 2 weeks ago)

Last saturday, I was up 2.2lbs, and today up another 2.3lbs.
However, my meals have definitely not been perfect on Thursday and Friday prior to these 2 weight ins.
After a few days of clean eating on Wednesday (Aug. 16) I was 165lb. So I'm most definitely holding some water and glycogen. I'll try to do better next week with the meals.

Have a great day all!

Update, Monday Aug. 28, day 22

Last Monday (21st), I also added Cardarine to the mix... 20mg 30 minutes pre-workout. I wasn't sure if I was going to wait to complete at least 6 weeks of ostarine alone, but I was too excited not to start right away and get all the benefits of the stack.

So, this past Saturday I weight in at 168.7lbs, down 2.1lbs from previous week. My Omron at home measured 9.7%bf, down 1.1% from previous week.
So all the weight loss seems to come from fat (and maybe also some water and glycogen). Abs and legs striations are definitely poping out compared to previous week.

Nutrition was almost perfect all week (except for Friday, yet without spilling over)

Recovery seems to be great, I was quite strict with my sleep, getting an average of 7h per night, but I will try to get closer to 7.5h this week.

I think I'm getting a bit stronger and can lift with higher volume. Unfortunately, I'm not good at keeping track of my lifts... But today was legs and I was clearly able to lift more reps with the same weight as last week, keeping my rest around 2min instead of 3min on low rep sets (goal 4-8 reps per set depending of exercise).

Still doing my 12 minute HIIT every day.

Have a great week!

Update Monday Sept. 4, day 29

This Saturday I was 168.5lb, down only 0.2lbs over previous week, but visibly more thight at the abdomen area. I didn't do my HIIT sessions on Thursday and Friday night, which might have an impact on my weight on Saturday morning (thus less water and carb depletion).

Other than that, my sleep remained around 7h per night on week days, and Had around 9h each morning for this long weekend, yay! Less time awake, that is one meal less per day. No surprise I was 167.9 this morning. Anyway, day by day fluctuation is irelevant. I'll see next Saturday.

Again, had a cheat meal on Friday, as we went out after work to congratulate a colleague who was moving for some new opportunities. Other than that, meals were on target at 2300 calories, which is just about my metabolic rate if I was to be sedentary.

Strenght is still there and I can't wait to hit the gym in an hour for legs!.
Still planning to do my HIIT every day, and not get lazy on Friday night this week...

Have a great week!

Update Saturday Sept. 9, day 34

Week 5 coming to an end.
I'm up 2.4 lbs to 170.9lbs from last week, and up 4.6lbs from day 1. My Omron at home measured 10.1%bf, up 0.4% from 2 weeks ago and up 0.8%bf from day 1. Maths then says up 2.9lbs lean mass and up 1.7lbs fat from day 1. The Omron is not the most accurate tool however. I'll have a better idea in 3 weeks when I'll have my next bf check at the gym.

Still looking very lean in the mirror (I actually feel a bit leaner, but I should take new pictures for comparison) and the pump is great post workout.

This week, I went by feeling and only did cardio on Tuesday (HIIT), giving some rest to my quads, which got a beating almost every day (from 2 weight legs sessions per week and HIIT every day for the 4 previous weeks). So it was a kind of deload week regarding HIIT on the stationary bike, which certainly explains the weight gain, aka recovery process. I'll see next week if I go back into it.

Meals where on target at least 95% of the time, again only stepping out of plan yesterday (Friday).

Have a great weekend !

Update, Sunday Sept 17, day 42

Week 6 completed.
I’m down to 169.4lbs @9.8%bf, compared to 170.9lbs @10.1% last week (body fat assessed with my Omron at home). This would mean a loss of 0.9lb of muscle… Really not sure about this reading, but let see in 2 weeks when I get tested at the gym. This weight loss, despite the fact I ate a bit more throughout the week, and did zero cardio, except for last Sunday and today (did 25 minutes HIIT + 30 minutes steady state), my rest day from weight training. Maybe the weight fluctuation has something to do with that I didn’t had a cheat meal this week the day before the weight in.

Anyway, after completing 6 weeks, I’m now up 3.1lbs compared to Day 1, of which 2lbs are lean muscle and 1.1lb would be fat. This is nothing to brag about, I agree, but to me it is a big deal, as I gain an average of 4lbs of lean mass per year (I’m 40yo and don’t have great genetics). So, if all things go at the same pace for the next 6 weeks, I might very well accomplish my usual year gain in just 3 months. Speaking about the year to date, from January 7, I’m up 3.8lbs of lean body mass, and down 3.6lbs of fat (I try to stay relatively lean year-round now).

Also, I measured my waist circumference (at the belly) on Day 1 at 80cm (31.5in) and I’m still the same at 80.3cm today (31.6in). No flexing the abs, no vaccum. So body fat is in check I believe. I also took measurements for the other body parts on Day 1, but I didn’t check them since.

Change for the next 6 weeks. Frequency!
For the record, since the beginning of this log, I was “kinda” using the Project Mass trainer from Jacob Wilson on bodybuilding(.)com. I use the principles, but not necessarily the exact same exercise or rep/set, but the idea is there: 3 days of strength training, followed by 3 days of hypertrophy training, and periodized the reps/set every week. What I intend to do for the remaining of this osta cycle is tweak this training program to add frequency to the equation. Same volume, just distributed more evenly throughout the week. So instead of doing 2 days of legs (1 strength day and 1 hypertrophy day), I’ll have 5 days of legs (2 strength days and 3 hypertrophy days). Same with the other body part, I’ll simply redistribute them.

I’ll also re-introduce HIIT (shorter 12 minutes + 20 minutes steady state) on the stationary bike every day, at least for the next 4 weeks. Sundays I’ll keep it at 25 minutes HIIT + 30 minutes steady state.

As for meals, I plan on having 2200 calories per day consistently all week (50%P, 25%F, 25%C), and maybe have a refeed on Saturday.

Have a great week !
Frequency.jpg

Update, Monday Sept. 25, day 50

Week 7 completed, day 1 of week 8 in the book.

Weight : Yesterday, Sunday, I was at 168.1lbs and the Omron read 9.0% body fat, compared to last Sunday (169.4lbs @9.8l% bf). The accuracy is not perfect, but that would be a lean gain of 0.15lb of muscle and a loss of 1.45lbs of fat. I'll take that.

Compared to day 1, I would be up 2.1lbs of lean mass, and down 0.3lb of fat...

Finally, I was only able to do HIIT on last Monday and yesterday for the past week. High frequency training, doing legs 5 days per week does not go well with HIIT (on the bike, that is)...

I'm still going for high frequency for at least the next 3 weeks, and will only have my HIIT on Sundays.

I'm getting a lot more comments at the gym about my size and leaness, so I guess their is some visible transformation going on. A new guy in the gym about my height and a bit chubby even asked me how much I weight, and when I said "about 170lbs" he said "No way! I thought about 200lbs" Seriously ?? Thanks to a good pump and vascularity I guess...

As for meals, I was spot on, except for Friday, where I probably had 600-800 calories over my goal for the day (hmmm... muffin and cookies...). But since things were looking good in the mirror, I had my refeed meal on Saturday night anyway.

Good night, and have a great week !

Bleh... we should be able to edit/delete our post, and preview before posting even on the quick reply... Ah... I see we can preview when we click on Advanced.
Good thing I scratch my head on the pic, but I tought I had removed it before uploading without the head. So why is it still there in the post???

The Feds are coming!!

Top Bottom