Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

orville burke:bad news

mike1107

this is a copy and paste from another board:

There is sad news to report from NYC, tonight, regarding the health of IFBB pro Orville Burke.

As was previously reported here, Orville injured his elbow, during a photo shoot, following the Olympia.

He was scheduled to have surgery to repair the injury, this week. It would be necessary for Orville to receive a general anesthetic for the surgical procedure.

As is the case for so many BBers with extreme muscularity, Orville has suffered from high blood pressure and an enlarged heart, for some time, and has been under the care of a cardiologist. He also has asthma, which limited his ability to do cardio. He did not tell the orthopedic surgeons who were to do the elbow surgery. But, during the pre-surgery workup, all this was discovered. Orville was declared a non-candidate for a general anesthetic, and the operation was cancelled.

Orville went to his cardiologist, who, for reasons unknown to me, gave Orville a written release to undergo the general anesthetic and elbow surgery. So, Orville was cleared, and the surgery took place.

During the surgery, Orville's heart failed, and, following attempts to restart his heart, he lapsed into coma.

Tonight, Orville remains alive, but unconscious. It is unknown whether he may be restored to consciousness, or the possible extent of brain damage. Surely, his career, as a pro BBer, must be at an end.

Those of us who know or met Orville Burke, know he is a kind and gentle soul, and a wonderful ambassador for the sport.

That's really to bad.....I met Orville oonce and he was a great guy....my prayers to him and his family....

wow

That is some crazy news. BB'ing is out of control with all the drugs that are being used, or atleast the amounts that these guys use for that matter. I hope it is a rumor.

He seemed very kind and gentle at the Arnold last year! I will say a prayer.

Quad

That's really sad news..
I've seen it posted on Chad's board, but I hoped it was just a false rumor...

Some important info posted by Milos on Chad's board:

I hope to God that we are all wrong.
But, one thing that was brought to my attention by my sister (surgeon) that in recent years many athletes (in Europe) going ‘under” for various surgeries had numerous problems.
Athletes were all at one point using certain (numerous) enhancement pharmaceuticals that obviously negatively interacted with anesthetics.
Doctors are confused and they are trying to find a connection.
There were reports of pulmonary edemas, cardiac arrest, COMAS, congestive heart failures etc.
That got my attention so I insisted to have “local” anesthetics administered during my surgery. Only problem is –I could hear when doc was drilling my knee!
Again, I hope that first –this is incorrect info, and if it is –that Orville is going to beat it!
I would pray for that.

I am just giving a warning to everyone to consider other methods than general anasthesia!

hhajdo said:
That's really sad news..

I am just giving a warning to everyone to consider other methods than general anasthesia!

you're right bro !! if I had to be operated, I'd ask local anesthesia,even for a big surgery !
I was anesthestied once,that shit fucks you up and I think that in most case,local anesthesia should be used instead of general...
whatever I'm not a surgeron,it's just my .02. but I'd like to hear doc's advices on it

this is really sad news if its true. The side effects post op of anesthesia are all too common for anybody, BB included. A perfectly health individual with not a single drug in their system can go under and not come back or with serious complications.
Im sure the Orvilles general physical status upped his risk for complications. Some people go under that are healthy and a previously unknown condition can result in a serious reaction to generals. Ive gone under several times and I CANNOT have SODIUM LACTATE in the ringer. I come out in a severe state of panic and sky high BP, consequence of having the anxiety disease. I hope he comes out ok, but no doubt he may have to reevaluate his career.

Last edited:
Top Bottom