Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ok to juice while having shin splints?

C

Counterstrike

this suckers hurst liek hll when i go running. would juice help heal this bad boys or i shouldn't until there healed?

I would not use gear until they are healed. I had something similar and all gear did was aggrivate it.

I dont see what it would hurt to work out with shin splints. I work out with bad elbows all the time and if anything, juice makes them feel better. If you stopped working out everytime you got a little pain, you would never go anywhere. BamBam

I do not see why it would make it worse. You sound like you have a muscle imbalance between the gastroc/soleous (back of calf) & your Tibial extensors (front) Here are some tips. (I am a PT) Stand with your heals on a block and lift your toes as high as you can try to do 3 sets of 20. It will burn like hell! also stretch, stretch, stretch. Ice them down and massage the tibial muscle toward your shin. Hope this helps!

Peace

dbol gave me crazy shin splints and arm splints. Its from the gigantic pumps you get its like your muscle feels like its ripping off the bone. I can't even run on a flat surface long or else I feel like im going to collapse. But ya gotta go through what ya got, can't stop doing stuff cause of pain like bam bam said.

wish it was that easy, I have to run i just dont like the feeling. I should see if it is my shoes though.

anytime i take some time off from running, i get massive shin splints when i return to training. feels like someone is taking a baseball bat to my lower legs. only one thing you can do... ignore the pain and pound them out, then go home and ice. :) seriously though, i find "resting" them just delays the inevitable. go run and relish the pain. :)

shin splints suck

i had this problem also. To stop them you must strectch your calves and work out the muslce along your shin by lifting weights with the top of your foot. As far as juice- it will agravate them for two reasons. First reason is that your increased bodyweight after a cycle will cause there to be more force exerted on these muscles when you run. Second, if you do a drug that gives big pumps (dbol, ad50, etc.), your calf muscle will stay pumped (tight) which over powers the weaker muscles in the front of your shin which will cause the problem to worsen. Bottom line is you can juice with it but you must do the proper excersizes, and if you do do a more hardcore androgen you should run less.

First off it really depends on what exactly is going on with your body to accuratly answer this question. There is a big dispute over exactly what shin splints even are. If you look it up in different references you will get different answers. If the pain is in the lower part of the leg(around the ankle) this is a true shin splint. In this case the problem is a bony misalaignment of the talus bone between the tibia and fibula. This causes a wedging effect that prys the tib/fib apart causing deep pain to the surface of the bones via stretching of the interosseous membrane which attaches the two bones. In this case juice would have no effect on the out come.

If the pain is in the upper or mid calf the pain is likely attributed to either a muscle imbalance as Quadsweep noted or defined as a compartment syndrome of the anterion muscular compartment. The last is the most common. In this case when the muscles become engorged with blood the surrounding fascia does not expand enough causing pain. You will know if this is the case if your toes or foot becomes nubm or starts tingling, this is caused by compression of the nerves. The only thing noted to help is to stretch or deep tissue massage. Ice would be a good idea pre and post workout until the pain stops which it usually does over time. In this case juice would most likely aggrivate the problem by increasing the pump and causing the muscle to grow even more unproportioned to the surrounding fascia. Hope this helps.

-Mass-

Top Bottom