Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

nutrient timing question

Pat_McCrotch

I have heard all the newest "research" about protien and carb supplementation post work out when your muscles need them most. My question is this and if it is long then I apologize.

You have 30-45 miniutes pwo to drink depending who you follow for guidance. Let s say you do a shoulder chest tri split. You do shoulders first for 45 minutes or whatever, stop working it then do chest then tris, each last 30 45 minutes each. would you not be out of the window of time for your shoulders to recieve the full benefit of this theory? then your chest and only your tries would recieve the fullest benefit of the PWO because ti will be the most sensitive to the insulin spike need with the high glucose in the PWO shake. Lets say you do cardio after your workout like i hear a lot of bros do. Then your fucked all the way around on the PWO shake.

isnt the logic flawed of the nutrient timing theory?

Good question. Often wondered that myself. I always try to do the best I can and take my carbs+protein as soon as possible after my workout (before shower, etc.) There must be some flexibility in the 30-45 min rule. Sometimes it's just not possible. Better late than never?

As for cardio after the workout, I would think one would want to wait with the PWO drink. The purpose for post-workout cardio is to burn fat. Your glycogen stores are shot, and your body (theoretically?) will burn some fat for the energy. After you are done with the cardio, you would want to replenish.

Curious to see others' opinions.

Sounds like you've been reading subversive material. :)

Nutrient timing is bullshit for the most part. Since you're a little glygogen depleted after a workout it's a good time to shuttle in some protein with carbs but 20-30 minutes one way or the other isn't going to make a difference. Nobody ever made great gains solely by timing their meals well.

I agree with what nelson said above; plus i would like to add that you should keep your training sessions from 45min upto 1hr as a maximum since after such time the natural production of growth hormone will stop

I have always wonder ed even before reading your book. Your book just help it make sense. I have to reprogram my thinking on it. Your book is great NM.

errn247 said:
I have always wonder ed even before reading your book. Your book just help it make sense. I have to reprogram my thinking on it. Your book is great NM.

Which book, pray tell?

centy said:
Which book, pray tell?

the BB truth. You can dowload it here on the sight. just go under the ebook section. I got the hard copy from theprotienfactory.com. There is a lot of other good shit on there too for PCT. it worked great for me.

AhMadKooL said:
I agree with what nelson said above; plus i would like to add that you should keep your training sessions from 45min upto 1hr as a maximum since after such time the natural production of growth hormone will stop

Im sorry but that does not make sense to me.. Just because your natty gh is done producing who gives a shit. For the most part we are taking very high amounts of extra test and everything else we take. So who cares if my natty gh is shut down if Im on a gram of gear? Im gonna work out as long as it takes me to tear down my muscles. Im not going to look at a clock and say "ohh shit my natty gh is done so I bes stop lifting". Dont think so.

702daswoll1 said:
Im sorry but that does not make sense to me.. Just because your natty gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - is done producing who gives a shit. For the most part we are taking very high amounts of extra test and everything else we take. So who cares if my natty gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - is shut down if Im on a gram of gear? Im gonna work out as long as it takes me to tear down my muscles. Im not going to look at a clock and say "ohh shit my natty gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - is done so I bes stop lifting". Dont think so.

Well here's the problem; GH has a very short half-life. So basically once released it's eliminated in the body very quickly. And Gh makes the body in an anabolic state- if it's low the body goes into a catabolic state (ie the body starts to use your muscles as fuel). So u see that after one hour of working out the GH levels start to become low which means the body will start to use your muscles for fuel. Not Good in My book.

Another issue is intensity and focus; Besides the above mentioned reason, In a work out u need intensity and I think after 1 hour you start to lose intensity and also focus; Just get in do the job and get out

I think this is even mentioned in Nelson's book; He Indicates that a workout should be kept to one hour

As a rule I agree they should be kept around an hour. My workouts are more like 40 minutes. But on the weekend when I have time I train at least an hour and a half. I will let everyone know when I stop growing..

Top Bottom