Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Not all proteins are equal just as not all steroids are equal. Just a thought.

Mike P.T.

First things first. We all know protein is the building block for muscle tissue, and we know that if we don't have enough protein we won't be building muscle for shit. I don't care how much juice you're on you need to take in enough protein. I sometimes even forget this. Well not so much forget it but don't do it. I'm not perfect on this which is a shame but I'm getting better at it.

Ok now to my point. Not all proteins are equal. We all know this and of course it's more important to take in enough protein but we should also concentrate on quality. Far too many people are looking for the cheap proteins and don't care much for quality just quantity. The difference in protein is like the difference in steroids. For example, whey protein concentrate is good just like eq is good. But whey protein isolate is like taking trenbolone compared to the eq. Now which builds more muscle? Using working out as an example as well, when trying to build muscle the quality of the workout is more important than the quantity. Even though you do want to workout enough but you wanna make sure you do the most basic exercises that give you the most for your time. See what I mean. Now it's not an exact scientific comparison but you guys get my point.

I agree 100% I have used Beverly since 1984. Yhey are pharmacutical grade. Yes they are expensive but they are efficent. You use what you use. You do not just shit it out. So in the end you save $$ and grow!

Quad

Quadsweep said:
I agree 100% I have used Beverly since 1984. Yhey are pharmacutical grade. Yes they are expensive but they are efficent. You use what you use. You do not just shit it out. So in the end you save $$ and grow!

Quad

where do you buy this.

Mike P.T. said:
First things first. We all know protein is the building block for muscle tissue, and we know that if we don't have enough protein we won't be building muscle for shit. I don't care how much juice you're on you need to take in enough protein. I sometimes even forget this. Well not so much forget it but don't do it. I'm not perfect on this which is a shame but I'm getting better at it.

Ok now to my point. Not all proteins are equal. We all know this and of course it's more important to take in enough protein but we should also concentrate on quality. Far too many people are looking for the cheap proteins and don't care much for quality just quantity. The difference in protein is like the difference in steroids. For example, whey protein concentrate is good just like eq is good. But whey protein isolate is like taking trenbolone compared to the eq. Now which builds more muscle? Using working out as an example as well, when trying to build muscle the quality of the workout is more important than the quantity. Even though you do want to workout enough but you wanna make sure you do the most basic exercises that give you the most for your time. See what I mean. Now it's not an exact scientific comparison but you guys get my point.
and let us not forget that WHOLE FOOD proteins are superior to everything. I have posted this before but I make my best gains when I eat plenty of real food. Shakes are great for missed meals or on the go guys but anytime you can use real food (let me add Healthy real food) then I would choose that over anything else.

Also, when considering protein purity, let's also go one step further and look at amino acid content... glutamine and arginine especially should make up a sufficient portion of the amino acid content of your protein of choice.

-M

My take

Okay, here's my take on this. The argument exists over powders being inferior to real food. Most of us try and stick to real food. Now the next argument is Isolate being superior to concentrate. Well concentrate has a higher Bioavailabiltiy than even eggs. Yet somehow most of us still lean towards real food and tend to not use powders too much. Real food is best you always hear, and I'm not arguing that point either way. But if concentrate still rates higher than eggs, then what's the fuss over concentrate over isolate? Concentrate is much cheaper to buy in bulk. Isolate may be superior, but it seems to me you're still ahead of the game when you compare the BV of concentrate to the egg. If you've got the extra buck, then go for isolate. Or go for a concentrate/isolate blend. I don't see anyone posting complaining of not making gains because their protein powder was concentrate or a concentrate base.

Last edited:
What I would like to know is what's the protein composition of milk. Isn't it supposed to be whey + casein, what's the proportion?

Plus, do you guys think it's better to mix protein sources (whey + eggwhite for example) rather than sticking to whey even if whey is the best?

Anakin said:
What I would like to know is what's the protein composition of milk. Isn't it supposed to be whey + casein, what's the proportion?

Plus, do you guys think it's better to mix protein sources (whey + eggwhite for example) rather than sticking to whey even if whey is the best?

Yep,milk actually has a prety good ratio of Whey and Casein,the only drawback is that it's LOADED with Lactose(milk sugar).

Best combo hands down: Whey Isolate & Micellar Casein

Top Bottom