Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

That non saturated fat that is in peanut butter, good or bad?

emptywallet

Peanut butter to me, seems to be an extremely calorie dense food. Tastes awesome too :D. I imagine a spoon full before bed while bulking would be good. Anyway, its high in fat, but it low in saturated fat. My question is, the regular fat that is in it (non saturated), is it good or bad? Anything special about it? By special meaning or comparing it to how flax oil fats are good, omega 3's, MCT's all that. Or is PB just regular ole fat? Anyone kinda see what I'm saying?

It's a friendly fat. MAinly Omega 3's I think, which have been shown to actually help a bit to free up fatty acids to be used instead of stored. Good stuff. I eat like half a cup of unsalted peanuts every day. My favorite part of the day.

I could be wrong about this but the way I understand it is ...
saturated fat = bad<mostly comes from animal products>
unsaturated fat = good

Make sure your using natural PB (like Adams), the stuff that oil will seperate from. Regular PB has trans-fatty acids(bad fat) in it.

Go big-

Ridehard

RideHard said:
Make sure your using natural PB (like Adams), the stuff that oil will seperate from. Regular PB has trans-fatty acids(bad fat) in it.

Go big-

Ridehard

Yup.......but even adams has the oil in it that has been super heated and contains transfats. You can get fresh made peanut butter in some health food stores.

Top Bottom