Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nolvadex increase libido?

ThepoolGuy said:
Does Nolvadex increase libido. I know it works to block estrogen receptors.

Yes it does:
it acts as an anti-estrogen in the pituitary, thus increasing LH and FSH, which results in an increase in testosterone. 20mgs of Nolvadex will raise your testosterone levels about 150% (6)...Nolvadex actually has quite a few applications for the steroid using athlete. First and foremost, it’s most common use is for the prevention of gynocomastia. Nolvadex does this by actually competing for the receptor site in breast tissue, and binding to it. Thus, we can safely say that the effect of tamoxifen is through estrogen receptor blockade of breast tissue (7).
Estrogen is also important for a properly functioning immune system, and not only that, but your lipid profile (both HDL and LDL) should also show marked improvement with administration of tamoxifen (34).

Nolvadex also has some important features for the steroid using athlete. In hypogonadic and infertile men given nolvadex, increases in the serum levels of LH, FSH, and most importantly, testosterone were all observed (35)It can also block a bit of estrogen in the pituitary, which is a great benefit when used with HCG (more on that later) (36)(37). The increase in testosterone Nolvadex can give someone with a dysfunctional is basically that 20mgs of Nolvadex will raise your testosterone levels about 150% (6)...

Link:
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/anthony-roberts/post-cycle-therapy.htm

increased testosterone does not mean increased libido. It can. though not when the ER is blocked.

however loss of libido is due to Nolva direct actions on the ER (as an antagonist).

the loss of libido is similar to what many people experience with letrozole, even when on high levels of test. though that is due to estrogen suppression not ER blockade (the effect though being quite similar)

as a note- some people because of receptor isoform anomolies or distribution will get increased libido from tamoxifen just as some individuals (for different but similar reasons) will get a libido boost from nandrolone. Generally both will tend to suppress libido.

the bad thing about both deca (long ester nandrolone) and tamoxifen is the tremendously long release pattern (deca) and tremendously long half-life (tamoxifen).. so that if you do have issues it can take several weeks to get blood levels down and well over a month to get them to "low" levels.

clomid on the other hand has been shown to increase libido to some extent.

clomid does have its downsides, but its generally a better drug and one that has a much more extensive track record when it comes to PCT. Not frontloading can really reduce clomid issues (which are mostly emotional and some mild acne- though usually odd places- like a single spot on forearm another on shoulder, etc..)

Nolvadex shut me down as bad as tren. When I stopped the nolva and just used the clomid I got back to normal.

Nolvadex caused my libido to go down the toilet...clomid did the opposite!

Top Bottom