Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Drugs that grow muscle with out working out

Lift78

heres an exerpt from an article that can be found at
http://slate.msn.com/id/2079406/

sounds like really interesting stuff. call me a lazy bastard but Id like to get my hands on some of that MGF. The rest of the article also has info on gene therapies that could potentially let you run forever with out tiring. Mostly stuff our grandkids or great grandkids might see.

Bodybuilding for Couch Potatoes

The Background
Muscle weakness is a great unacknowledged enemy of our aging society. As you get older, you lose muscle mass. (The medical term for this is sarcopenia.) Shrinking muscle mass leads to more falls, more broken bones, more disability, and a declining quality of life. Low muscle mass also makes it harder for old people to survive trauma since muscles are reservoirs of proteins and metabolites needed in an emergency. In recent years, doctors have been virtually dragging seniors to the weight room to get them buffed up.

But maybe your grandmother won't have to pump iron, and neither will you. There's a treatment that could boost muscle mass without (much) work: a gene for something called Insulin-like Growth Factor.

The Project
The IGF gene is a multitasker. It makes different proteins, depending on the circumstances. When a muscle is exercised by a long-distance runner, the gene manufactures something called IGF-1. But when a muscle is intensely stretched or contracted, as by a weight lifter, the gene produces Mechano Growth Factor. MGF, which was discovered by University of London professor of anatomy Geoffrey Goldspink, instigates muscle growth by activating the "satellite cells" in the muscle, causing them to divide and fuse, creating the nuclei for new muscle cells.

Both MGF and IGF-1 encourage muscles to grow. (IGF-1 seems to activate protein synthesis necessary for new muscle cells.) Scientists have created mighty mice using both compounds. When Goldspink injected a gene for MGF into mouse muscles, he recorded a 20 percent increase in muscle mass in two weeks and a 25 percent increase in muscle strength—without the mouse hitting the weight room and without apparent side effects. Similar tests have been done on mice using IGF-1. They, too, became supermice, though it took longer.

Goldspink hopes MGF could be a therapy for the sick and frail: Muscular dystrophy and age-related muscle loss are the obvious targets. But he has no doubt "there will be misuse of MGF" by athletes and bodybuilders. (In fact, the International Olympic Committee has already commissioned him to develop a test for MGF, IGF-I, and human-growth hormone abuse.) But it won't just be hard-core muscleheads who experiment with MGF; if it turns out that MGF is safe and effective in 65-year-olds with sarcopenia, 50-year-olds will start asking for it, then all the rest of us. If you could get 25 percent bigger pecs without a visit to the gym, wouldn't you consider it?

The Obstacles
No clinical trials of MGF have started yet. The technique for inserting the gene into muscles is not complicated, but gene therapy is never easy. Although Goldspink's experiment resulted in Schwarzenegger mice, that doesn't mean that MGF will successfully pump up normal humans. Goldspink saw no side effects in his mice tests but wonders if prolonged application of the gene would cause damage. (Goldspink expects a single dose of the gene would last about a year.) And as for IGF-1, it may have health risks that MGF does not. For example, it could damage the heart if it is injected directly into the bloodstream.

The Timeline
Goldspink hopes MGF will be used therapeutically within five years. Athletes are already experimenting with IGF-1, which is widely sold on the Internet (mostly by companies that seem less than concerned about its safety). So far, MGF hasn't found its way to the gym black market because Goldspink has tightly limited its distribution and because MGF is tricky to make, but it's just a matter of time before MGF slips out to athletes.

If MGF doesn't work or isn't safe, here are two more treatments that might become quicker-bulker-uppers.

that totally depletes the purpose of bodybuilding, bodybuilding is more than just taking something to get big while being a lazy ass, its a way of life man

~ThaGame~ said:
that totally depletes the purpose of bodybuilding, bodybuilding is more than just taking something to get big while being a lazy ass, its a way of life man

It doesn't deplete it, it completely defeats it! I think that was the word you were looking for. Either way I'm on the same page as you bro.

Seems like even if muscles could grow big without lifting, the connective tissues would be so week that the muscle would be something like the meat off a big fucking Tyson chicken. Those fuckers start rotting and falling apart with quickness when they die in summer heat. Shit just slides apart. I think that's about what the muscle from that shit would be like.

Mike P.T. said:

It doesn't deplete it, it completely defeats it! I think that was the word you were looking for. Either way I'm on the same page as you bro.

yeah...thats what i said....defeats it :D

casavant said:
Seems like even if muscles could grow big without lifting, the connective tissues would be so week that the muscle would be something like the meat off a big fucking Tyson chicken. Those fuckers start rotting and falling apart with quickness when they die in summer heat. Shit just slides apart. I think that's about what the muscle from that shit would be like.

i agree with you on your statement, but it sounds like its just another steroid if you ask me so guys like us would take it and continue to lift. i know you guys would atleast try some, hell i would.

2new

Top Bottom