Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help explaining medically prescribed anabolic regiment to estranged spouse

stealth

This is quite serious. I have been treated by a Doctor for a chronic, active Hepatitis C condition for the last six monthes with hormone replacement therapy. I have been thru two failed interferon trials ( one with ribavarin) and the doctor put me on HGH, Deca and Tess Cyp. He also has me on a slew of herbals: Tyler Liver detox, Milk thistle, r-ala.

Now, what suprised me is that the first blood test that was done after three monthes showed that my hep c viral count had dropped from >8,000,000 to >1,000,000. We took a new test yesterday and iI'll have the results shortly.

Now, this all happened after my wife had seperated from me. We have a child- who is the love of my life- and one day, when she dropped him off she noticed my HGH in the refrigerator. This brought on a slew of questions and accusations regarding steroids- even though HGH is not a steroid. Perhaps, she had seen more- I don't know.

In any case, she asked that I see her therapist and the therapist stated that my wife wife was considering getting back together with me but let me know that one of the concerns was my use of steroids.

Here is the rub: I'm going to tell them to talk directly with my doctor, but that in itself may not give my wife any confidence that the doc is qualified since it is an alternative medical therapy.

So, here is where I need your help: does ANYONE know where I can find specific information regarding the use of hormone replacement therapy and anabolics to fight Hep C. I have read some of the studies on AIDS wasting therapies but nothing about hep c.

It's a really big deal to me. I love my wife dearly and will probably discontinue the whole therapy if she is fearful about it . I ask myself why I would discontinue a medically prescribed treatment that may, in fact, be helping me.

Please write, pm ,or email me with your thoughts and experiences. I am seeing both the therapist and my wife to discuss on Thuirsday.

stealth said:
This is quite serious. I have been treated by a Doctor for a chronic, active Hepatitis C condition for the last six monthes with hormone replacement therapy. I have been thru two failed interferon trials ( one with ribavarin) and the doctor put me on HGH, Deca and Tess Cyp. He also has me on a slew of herbals: Tyler Liver detox, Milk thistle, r-ala.

Now, what suprised me is that the first blood test that was done after three monthes showed that my hep c viral count had dropped from >8,000,000 to >1,000,000. We took a new test yesterday and iI'll have the results shortly.

Now, this all happened after my wife had seperated from me. We have a child- who is the love of my life- and one day, when she dropped him off she noticed my HGH in the refrigerator. This brought on a slew of questions and accusations regarding steroids- even though HGH is not a steroid. Perhaps, she had seen more- I don't know.

In any case, she asked that I see her therapist and the therapist stated that my wife wife was considering getting back together with me but let me know that one of the concerns was my use of steroids.

Here is the rub: I'm going to tell them to talk directly with my doctor, but that in itself may not give my wife any confidence that the doc is qualified since it is an alternative medical therapy.

So, here is where I need your help: does ANYONE know where I can find specific information regarding the use of hormone replacement therapy and anabolics to fight Hep C. I have read some of the studies on AIDS wasting therapies but nothing about hep c.

It's a really big deal to me. I love my wife dearly and will probably discontinue the whole therapy if she is fearful about it . I ask myself why I would discontinue a medically prescribed treatment that may, in fact, be helping me.

Please write, pm ,or email me with your thoughts and experiences. I am seeing both the therapist and my wife to discuss on Thuirsday.

Ok, I'm going to be blunt. Your wife is AN ASS.

Yes, thats right an ass.

She'd rather see you in bad health instead of in good
health just because of her ridiculous fears?

Thats EXTREMELY selfish.

This is how the life Totem pole goes.......

1. HEALTH
2. FAMILY
3. Other.....

Without your health you won't enjoy your family. That
I can pretty much assure you.

However, its your choice.

If you want to fing specific papers/journals, you can
search Medline. There probably are tonnes. Better
yet, some of use here can help you.

Fonz

I know you love her bro, but she has to love you too for your marriage to work and she has to trust you, running to her therapist every time she dont understand something your doing is not good, I would tell her that the doc prescribed it for your health problem and let her know how its helping your condition .I would not stop taking meds that help you under any condition!!! If your doc knows your wife is trying to second guess him he will prob drop your prescription or not really care to treat you,so if she loves you she wont go that far. just my opinion

Just show her the test results...going from 8,000,000 to 1,000,000 should change her mind about your steroid use.

I agree with the other guys stealth. Ask yourself this, what is going to happen if we get back together and she doesn't always get things her way? I have been divorced before and it all came to a head one morning when I was sitting down, smoking a cigarett and it just hit me. "There has to be more to it than this." If god never intended for me to be happy then he wouldn't have let me experience it before her. Perhaps your better off without her. Can you be a better father to your child if your happy with yourself and not arguing with her? Will you lead a healthier and happier life without her? Just things to consider boss; perhaps your mistaking your "love" for her with familiarity with her always around. No one wants to be alone, I understand this, but would that be better for all involved??

First, I don't think your ex is an ASS... She is probably just worried about yor health because of all the bad publicity that steroids have...

So.. Here is what actually asked for:

What are the symptoms?

Autoimmune hepatitis can mimic the symptoms of chronic viral hepatitis. The onset of the disease can be gradual or abrupt, and it may initially resemble acute, viral hepatitis. Yet, there are distinct groups of autoimmune hepatitis:

Type I autoimmune hepatitis resembles lupus, in that the blood tests such as ANA and increased globulin levels, are present. This is commonly seen in young- to middle-aged women who have fatigue, loss of appetite, acne, joint aches, and jaundice.

Type II autoimmune hepatitis is often seen in children and is common in Mediterranean populations that have anti-LKM antibodies. Type II autoimmune hepatitis is divided into two categories: one is more autoimmune in nature (IIa), the other (IIb) is associated with hepatitis C.

-(Type IIa) occurs more in young women. There are increased globulin levels in the blood and it responds to steroid treatment.

-(Type IIb) is associated with hepatitis C virus infection; it tends to occur in older men and more frequently in Mediterranean countries; there are normal blood globulin levels; it responds to interferon therapy.

How is autoimmune hepatitis treated?

Steroids are the primary treatment and many clinical studies have shown that steroid therapy leads to major improvements in clinical symptoms and blood tests, as well as increased survival.
Eight percent of patients on steroids will show a favorable response, but this therapy has no impact on preventing cirrhosis. Prednisone seems to be the most widely used of the steroids by most physicians. The other treatment is a combination of prednisone and azathioprine, in which the major advantage is that the dose of steroids is reduced; the reduction minimizes the complications that result from prolonged steroid use. However, azathioprine itself may produce significant side effects, especially suppression of the immune system, which may or may not be an improvement over the effects of prolonged steroid use. By itself, azathioprine, is not effective in achieving a remission. The current therapy is suggested and effective in severe forms of autoimmune hepatitis, but not recommended for mild forms, or those that are asymptomatic.

Therapy should continue for at least 12 to 18 months. After days to several weeks of treatment, there is considerable improvement of fatigue, loss of appetite, and jaundice followed by positive changes in blood tests (a fall in serum bilirubin and globulin levels and an increase in serum albumin). There is a 50% chance of relapse after stopping steroids but continuing azathioprine may reduce and control relapses. If medical therapy fails and there is cirrhosis or the liver fails to work, liver transplantation is the only choice.

Sources:
Hepatitis Branch Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases
National Center for Infectious Diseases
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333
Hepatitis Foundation International, 30 Sunrise Terrace Cedar Grove, NJ 07009-1423; 1-800-891-0707

stealth said:
It's a really big deal to me. I love my wife dearly and will probably discontinue the whole therapy if she is fearful about it .

FUCK THAT!!! This is your HEALTH we're talking about. Ask her to choose one or the other and then you can make the decision if you want to take "her" back.

Option A: continue Doctor prescribed therapy and improve health to live a normal life for your child

Option B: quit therapy and let your health detoriate and possibly die an early death in which time your son/daughter will lose their father

Tell her to pick one.

Unfortunatley the study mystery _meat posted talks about a cortico-steroid and a immunosuppressive antimetabolite nothing about anabolic steroids. Don't think that will help.

Top Bottom