Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Natural Testosterone Booster

blueta2

Has anyone every heard of this herb and/or tried it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribulus_terrestris

Tribulus terrestris has long been a constituent in tonics in Indian ayurveda practice, where it is known by its Sanskrit name, "gokshura."[4]

It is now being promoted as a booster for the purpose of increasing sex drive. Its use for this purpose originated in Eastern Europe in the 1970's. Independent studies [5] have suggested that Tribulus terrestris extract slightly increases hormone levels, though leaving them in the normal range.

Some have compared the tonic properties of Tribulus terrestris to the effects of ginseng, but these occur due to entirely different mechanisms. It is also claimed that Tribulus terrestris increases testosterone by increasing gonadotropin-releasing hormone[6] (GnRH) which in turn stimulates the production of LH and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). Testosterone, besides its role in muscle-building and raising fertility and libido, is also known to have a positive effect on bone marrow activity (for red blood cell production) and the immune system.[citation needed]

On the other hand, one recent study found that T. terrestris caused no increase in testosterone or LH in young men,[7] and another found that a commercial supplement containing androstenedione and herbal extracts, including T. terrestris, was no more effective at raising testosterone levels than androstenedione alone.[8] SupplementWatch does not consider that there is any scientific evidence for effectiveness in muscle building. It suggests that it may be beneficial for those whose testosterone is below normal, such as dieters and overtrained athletes.[5]

The active chemical in T. terrestris is is likely to be protodioscin (PTN),[9] a cousin to DHEA. In a study with mice, Tribulus was shown to enhance mounting activity and erection better than testosterone cypionate.[citation needed] This however, isn't as convincing as one might think. Although an OTC supplement outpacing a pharmaceutical is big news, testosterone cypionate is a synthetic ester of testosterone engineered for its longer activity. To be effective, its level must build up in the system of the animal using it. This process usually takes 2–3 weeks.National Institutes of Health, <http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=2268>. Retrieved on 15 November 2007 The proerectile aphrodisiac properties were concluded to likely be due to the release of nitric oxide from the nerve endings innervating the corpus cavernosum penis.

No significant adverse effects have been reported from supplementation with Tribulus terrestris. However, some users report an upset stomach, which can usually be counteracted by taking it with food.[5]

blueta2 said:
So I'm guessing you guys never tried it or heard of it?

Is there anyone that hasn't heard of trib? I've tried many diff suppliers versions of it. Some worked better than others, I think one had 6oxo mixed in there. None really did a hell of a lot, the trib/6oxo/some other shit version I guess had the most effect. I'll stick with my Phyto from now on, although I guess it's not technically a 'booster'.

RearNaked said:
Is there anyone that hasn't heard of trib? I've tried many diff suppliers versions of it. Some worked better than others, I think one had 6oxo mixed in there. None really did a hell of a lot, the trib/6oxo/some other shit version I guess had the most effect. I'll stick with my Phyto from now on, although I guess it's not technically a 'booster'.

Ok, I'm not into the whole testosterone world, so wasn't sure if this was a supp anyone heard of.
How long did you take it?

Phyto is all natural?

blueta2 said:
So I'm guessing you guys never tried it or heard of it?

I think you may be the only one on here that hasn't heard of Tribulus.

I doesn't do shit for me but you can try it out... it's worth a shot and it wont hurt you.

Let us know if you find one that "works". I've tried 4-5 different brands and I'm not impressed with any of them.

Last edited:
thebadguy54 said:
I think you may be the only one on here that hasn't heard of Tribulus brother.

I doesn't do shit for me but you can try it out... it's worth a shot and it wont hurt you.

Let us know if you find one that "works". I've tried 4-5 different brands and I'm not impressed with any of them.

Well just so you know, I don't want to use it just to build muscle.
I just heard of this herb today so yeah I guess I'm the only one who never heard of it.
How long did u take it?

I've used it on and off for the past two years.

Usually 2-3 months at a time. What do you want it for then? Your husband?

Top Bottom