Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Myths and Facts about Canadian Laws

manny78

Plat Hero
Platinum
Myths and facts about Canadian laws.

How many times did you hear about "this and that is OTC, just ask the clerk", "AAS are no big deal here". Well, for any rumour, there's some truth inside. So let’s take a look at the Canadian schedule system and the offences according to the Controlled Drugs and Sbstances Act S.C. 1996, c. 19

Schedule I:

- Opium Poppy, its preparations, derivatives, alkaloids ans salts (hydrocodone, oxycodine, codeine)
- Cocaine
- Methadone
- GHB
- Poppy seeds are excluded

Punishment:

“(3) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule I
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding seven years; or
(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable
(i) for a first offence, to a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both, and
(ii) for a subsequent offence, to a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to both.”

Schedule II

- Cannabis and its derivatives

Punishment::

(4) Subject to subsection (5), every person who contravenes subsection (1) where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule II
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years less a day; or
(i) for a first offence, to a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both, and
(ii) for a subsequent offence, to a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to both.

(5) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule II in an amount that does not exceed the amount set out for that substance in Schedule VIII is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both.

Schedule III
- Amphetamines
- Mescaline

Punishment:
(6) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule III
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years; or
(ii) for a subsequent offence, to a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to both.

Schedule IV
- Barbiturates
- Benzodiazepines
- ANABOLIC STEROIDS

Punishment:
(iv) to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months, where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule IV; or

Schedule V
- Phenylpropanolamine

Schedule VI
- Ephedrine
- Pseudoephedrine

Schedule VII
- Cannabis resin 3 kg and under
- Cannabis 3 kg and under

Schedule VIII
- Cannabis resin 1g and under
- Cannabis 30 g and under

Punishement for these is usually a fine not exceeding 1000$

Now according to Health Canada’s guidelines, possession for personal use of any Schedule IV and under, is legal. As long as there’s no intention of trafficking. Also concerning Schedule VII and VIII, cops have their guidelines too. Under 5g they aren’t suppose to do anything unless under circumstances or the use of these substances might cause harm to someone else. Between 5g and 30g of pot, they will seize it and you might get a fine too. But that’s it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now concerning OTC stuff:

Myth: “I can go to a pharmacy and get Tylenol with codeine without being asked a question, it’s OTC “

Fact: Tylenol with Codeine is Schedule I but it can be sold without a script as long as the tabs have 8mg or less of codeine. They can, not SHALL. That means, the pharmacists has the right to ask you why, make you sign a paper with your name and address so this way he has an idea of the frequencies of your purchase. Most pharmacies will do this.

Myth: “B-12 injectable is OTC”

Fact: it’s “ethical”, means they will usually give it you but they could also say No NO and NO !

Myth: “insulin is abpslutely OTC in Canada”

Fact: No it isn’t. Technically it’s a schedule D. What is that ? Health Canada has a schedule system they use to determine if something is OTC, if a script is required, and so on. For example, AAS are schedule G, arimidex/femara/aromasin are schedule F, Insulin schedule D, normal Tylenol OTC, B-12 “ethical”, morphine “narcotic”….. so why can you get Insulin OTC ? From what I’ve been told, it’s been a long tradition among pharmacist to just not bother diabetes patients and just give them what they need. The same can be said for pins, needles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope now you have a good idea of our laws. I made this thread to give you an idea of how things work here. If by any misfortune you have some troubles with authorities you should get a lawyer ASAP.

Thanks for the post on Canadian Law Manny... especially the myth/fact part... I love reading those. :)

C-ditty

Thats a great post, I do not however understand the "under 5g"
i'm assuming that its 5 grams of marijuana, correct (or under 5000$)? What determines the amount of a specific drug converted into MJ? is it price, or actual weight?

gsxr600 said:
Thats a great post, I do not however understand the "under 5g"
i'm assuming that its 5 grams of marijuana, correct (or under 5000$)? What determines the amount of a specific drug converted into MJ? is it price, or actual weight?

sorry for the confusion, it's 5 g (weight) of "ready to use" marijuana.

Ok sorry I'm kinda slow, but when you say under 5g they leave it alone, 5 g of weed right, but what is 5g of weeds equivalent to for example anavar powder, or test cyp powder or enth. or any type of powder, or oil for that matter.

gsxr600 said:
Ok sorry I'm kinda slow, but when you say under 5g they leave it alone, 5 g of weed right, but what is 5g of weeds equivalent to for example anavar powder, or test cyp powder or enth. or any type of powder, or oil for that matter.

The answer for AAS is not written anywhere in the law, but I'd say personale use might be equivalent to 20 amps/20ml of oil/water based or the same in powder. Tabs ? humm that's just me but a normal supply (and I mean like 25 mg of 17aa) for 4 weeks. Now if you get caught with 1000 tabs anadrol, you're in deep trouble since it would be hard to justify you needed 1000 x 50 mg tabs for one cycle.

I've had a pharmacy tell me it was store policy to not sell pinz without a script.

guess they dont have too.

collegiateLifter said:
so you can't buy a codeine/advil combo in canada otc.... i heard you could

Yes you can, but the pharmacist is under no obligation to do it. And over 8mg (of Codeine) a script is required. Also, the codeine sold always come with something else (usually acetaminophen).

Top Bottom