Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The MYTH of a "calorie is just a calorie" : A new video by Dylan Gemelli

So I saw this come up on the Gym Outkasts group on FB. There's SOME truth in terms of macros (carbs, fat etc) but not in micros (all the good nutrients we want).

One example that's been asked is to get twins to run this from day one. One eats shit sources (like doughnuts for carbs) vs the other using 'clean' foods. Then check the end results. MD forums use to have a BIG group of IIFYM's fans. It was quite the fad. Only ONE looked decent.

Last edited:
i remember jerry ward preaching a calorie is a calorie so he started eating chik filA.. a couple months later he made another video saying "man i feel like shit eating this crap" well he was getting the same calories and the dude couldn't figure out why he felt like shit eating shit .. SMH

perfect example of this whole nonsense

i always get so stressed out and pissed on this one when i see people trying to say a 200 calorie candy bar is the same as 200 calories worth of fish for example... give me a break... you tell me that if you eat 1000 calories of fish and then another eats 1000 calories of cake and ice cream that its the same thing??? smfh i'll never understand the things people come up with

The problem is to many people have been taught to count calories and not macros. Once you start looking at how much protein, fats, and carbohydrates you need tp have a healthy diet it changes things. It took me working with a coach and nutritionist to figure this out. Just like a pound of fat weighs more than a pound of muscle. A pound is a pound. The density of a pound of fat is larger than the density of a pound of muscle but a pound is a pound.

As far as just gaining or losing weight calories are basically exact same thing. But when we are talking about overall health, diseases, how you feel, etc. you really need to be eating clean calories.

Top Bottom