Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Myth Busted - eating every 2 hours

WolfpackAlpha

Elite Moderator
Administrator
Myth Busted!!! Eating every 2 hours is a lie. In this article, Steve exposes the lies about frequent meals: https://www.evolutionary.org/fasting-fat-loss

HEART-DISEASE.jpg

This is something @stevesmi and myself have friendly debates on all the time.

I personally do not think there is anything magic to intermediate fasting and feel that it's just the current flavour of the month. All intermediate fasting does is makes you consume less calories by eating less meals. You could get the same effect by eating less at each meal. Eat less meals or eat less at each meal. Two different ways to accomplish the same thing. A reduction in calories.

Now, the detoxifying benefits of fasting I agree with 100% but you really need to fast 24 hours + to really benefit from those. A typical 16 hour intermediate fasting protocol isn't long enough for that.

The next guest we have booked on evolutionary radio is dr Gerry who is an absolute wiz on fasting. Anyone wanting to learn more about fasting will certainly want to give that episode a listen!

people do not want to take the time to learn about meal frequency myths and why they exist. I hope this article opens some eyes about it

and there is more to fasting than just it helping you consume less calories from less meals. you are missing out on the insulin drop and glucagon benefits when you eat frequently. all this is laid out in the article

It amazes me how complicated is the human body - science has already advanced so far, but we still do not have a consensus on what is the best way of eating. Interestingly, the advocates of all approaches have very good arguments in their favor, which makes determining the right path very difficult.

I have had the arguments presented by @stevesmi in my head for a very long time already - we should focus on how we as humans would exist in nature. Neither are we supposed to be that big and muscular, nor should we eat that much.

If health, longevity, and being lean are your goals then adopt this phrase "less food, less often". That really is the trick. There are so many benefits to fasting. What I recommend is doing a 24 hour fast once per week. As you get more advanced you can go further as when you surpass 24 hours the real anti-aging benefits kick in.

In the end if you are a bodybuilder looking to get huge then this lifestyle isn't going to work for you. Most of us are not in this category though.

If you are interested by this idea then try a 24 hour fast. Simply eat dinner, go to bed, and don't eat again until dinner the next day. The first time you do this it will be tough. I don't want to lie about that part. What happens though is the next time you do it, fasting becomes much easier. By the 3rd time you do it there is almost no struggle at all.

I love fasting now as it gives me a certain feeling of freedom. It is proof that we can be mentally tough when we try.

I also want to mention that while fasting my workouts have never suffered. I have not noticed any muscle loss either. That doesn't mean I haven't lost some but the fat and water loss may compensate and I definitely look better.

Fat people get hungry even while having ample energy storage and a multi-vitamin and mineral tabs don't make them feel any better...

There are addiction factors at play when it comes to food.

Top Bottom