Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my sweat smells like chlorine

knekt

my sweat smells like ammonia

Hello

I've noticed that my sweaty t-shirts have a very distinct ammonia smell. What causes this?

I'm low on salt(NaCl) intake, and I'm on my 5th wk of test enan. 500mg/wk.

Last edited:
You sure its not more like ammonia smell?
If it is, it probably due to high protein in your diet.
Try upping your Carbs pre-workout and see if it goes.
EG

Like said before, are you sure it is not ammonia? When you sweat, the bacteria metabolize these substances into an ammonia like substance. Your body regulates your protein balance very tightly.

yeah, I smell ammonia. Thats what it is. Do I eat to much proteins? I only have about 3-4 shakes a day. Dont eat that much proteins. Is it dangerous?

That is likely uric acid. It generally means that you are not drinking enough H2O. I assume you are sodium depleting because you are holding fluid. Drinking water will help, not hurt.

you're wrong. While board was down yesterday, I did alot of research on the net.

First of all, drinking water is not the problem. I drink lots of water all day long. My urine never gets yellow. I drink about 5-6 litre a day.

Alot of professional bicycle ppl had this problem and alot of people doing heavy running in the morning. Their problem is that the muscles goes empty on glykogen. Then the body need to get the energy from other places. On low intensity, the body get energy from the fat reserves. On higher intensity, the energy dont come fast enough from fat storages. Then you have to burn muscle tissue to get the energy needed. Breaking down protein results in ammonia. This is why it's really important to drink enough water when eating lots of protein, to flush the body for ammonia (and other chemicals)

Most of the ammonia comes as uric in the urine. You have to get rid of more ammonia when you are on a high protein diet. I dont smell ammonia when lifting weights, but when I train Shootfighting. I sweat as a mothefucker. My t-shirt is weat. And I drink about 1 litre of water without pissing after workout.

I think my case is the result of a diet of much protein, and when trainging shootfighting my body get rid of urea(ammonia etc) through my sweat instead of my urine. This is why I smell ammonia.

I really hope that I'm not empty on carbs and as a result of that burning my muscle to smitherings. ;)

Top Bottom