Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Quest to COMPETE - BEAT THE DISEASE!

My man Bruce is on the money with this. Hey man , also don't split the eggs. Eat whole eggs. Egg yolk has cholesterols in there that can help you grow. It is also calories

Steak is a good idea due to the fats in there. Drinking some oil and coconut will help too

bruce410 said:
two problems i have with this. firstly the eq needs to be at 400mg ew to do anything. also i only see a 6 oz piece of fish and a 6 oz piece of chicken. dude do you really think you are gonna grow off of that kind of diet. you need cals and you need some more chicken and some lean beef. i am 185 about 6.5% hydro measured and i'll tell you right now i started eating 2lbs of beef ed and its changing everything. listen man if you are trying to bulk get some real protein like muscle milk or myoplex, get 300g of protein in a day. add at least 10 more oz of chicken and about 16oz of beef to that diet. i see that you have those supps in there to get fat and protein but you need good old fashion beef. my best friend is Division 1 lacrosse for a top 5 school. he is 215 single digit or he has to run it off for the coach. he trains like an animal but they use absolutely no shakes at all. i know shakes are important but he only eats beef or chicken. straight after workouts he takes in 2 skirt steaks. this is what you need to do if you are 162 and that low of bf you should be able to eat any and everthing. if you want mcd's eat it anything you want man. its great you don't have to worry. if you are feeling back pain and cramped up you might not be getting in enough water with your food intake. you need at least 4000-5000cals man. best of luck JK

Talk to me also about this COMPLETE off day thing I'm having such a hard time with. Remind you I sit all damn day in an office. How should my diet change. Today:

Woke up - 530 am felt tired and a little beat up from str8 leg deads last night. Did 20 minutes - 25 minutes of 2.8-3.0 incline walk on 12% grade followed by a full machine circuit to pump up the blood. 12 reps, light weight abs and went home

7am
3/4 cup oats (knocked down from 1 cup)
50 g of protein from eggs, whites and a fat scoop of whey
1.5 tb of natty pb....large coffee...splenda

My next meal wont change - 1 cup oats, 6oz chx, 1 cup pineapple

then heres where I typicall change....instead of a 8oz yam, I brought in a 10 oz acorn squash...love it! but do I need more carbs? add in some oats?

3pm meal?

5pm meal

pre bed?

You say this is a day off but it begins with you in the gym... I think if you want to beat this your mentality needs to change. This is not a day off if you started it in the gym....

JKurz1 said:
Talk to me also about this COMPLETE off day thing I'm having such a hard time with. Remind you I sit all damn day in an office. How should my diet change. Today:

Woke up - 530 am felt tired and a little beat up from str8 leg deads last night. Did 20 minutes - 25 minutes of 2.8-3.0 incline walk on 12% grade followed by a full machine circuit to pump up the blood. 12 reps, light weight abs and went home

Jkurz1 listen to me. Please stop the morning cardio on an empty stomach... This is the first step to recovery. Stay in bed and rest which will help your muscle recovery.

You admit that you were tired when you woke up. This may mean that you did not get a good night sleep

JKurz1 said:
7am
3/4 cup oats (knocked down from 1 cup)
50 g of protein from eggs, whites and a fat scoop of whey
1.5 tb of natty pb....large coffee...splenda

This meal seems alright to me but I would eat WHOLE EGGS instead of just egg whites. Also as Bruce suggested try to eat more solid food instead of shakes to get calories. Why not some bacon or breakfast sausage?
If you want to skip sausage , where are you EFA's in your diet? tuna for omega 3's and/or some flax seeds sprinked on cooked eggs. A teaspoon of cod liver oil. Some borage oil pills...

I think the oats should be saved for night time as it's a slow digesting carb. Then what did you mix the shake with. Try orange juice or milk

JKurz1 said:
My next meal wont change - 1 cup oats, 6oz chx, 1 cup pineapple

then heres where I typicall change....instead of a 8oz yam, I brought in a 10 oz acorn squash...love it! but do I need more carbs? add in some oats?

With the exception of the pineapple , which I talked about in another thread, these are complex and slower digesting carbs. I see no reason to decrease them. More water as well...

JKurz1 said:
3pm meal?
A late afternoon @work meal could be tuna , some sausage that can be microwaved , yogurt, fruits. A big salad would be good here. Tree nuts or peanuts will also work here. Cashews , Macademia , Almonds , Walnuts , Pecans. This will add calories and EFA's to your diet

JKurz1 said:

Steak would be good here. I have been getting the family sized Tyson Chicken Breast Strips... about 150g protein in one bag. Simple add cooking oil such as coconut or safflower oil for high Omega 6's and heat it up. 10 minutes and BAM! to quote Emeril.

JKurz1 said:
Put the oats here are they are muscle sparing. Yogurt is as well. The yams would also be good here for slow digesting muscle sparing carbs. Whey/Casein shake or Milk protein Isolate as Javaguru does.

Also as Bruce suggested drink more water, I didn't notice entries for waater in your diet that you posted

I need Bruce's input too, but I really appreciate that Gus. I will stop the am cardio. I promise. Look, it's been knocked down from 35 mins 7x a week to 4 or 5 and 20.....niext step is 1 or 2 at 20 then its nill...cant stop cold turkey.

I don't know where you are seeing a shake?????? You guys keep saying tha but my only shake is pw....yes, I use a protein blend, but you cant beat the bi valaue esp. first thing in the am (which is the only time other than pre workout)....so there I confused. The pineapple is an excellent food. Not only for digestion, a great carb, but the gi is much much slower when the chicken and oats are added. I think of oats and yams as the two best carb sources out there...there I used them quite a bit, that wont change.'

I agree my fats needs increased...so I am going to reduce carbs after this enxt meal and just have protein, fats and veggie????????

How can you say eat oats at night when I havent trained? The other dude he is training he has eating a high gi food post workout even on his off days...thats something I disagree with. I sit all day and work and eat...then I am suppose to have oats before bed? Explain this......gus....thanks man.

JK....as far as the "Off Day" syndrome you have, you just need to get the right mindset for bulking. Your off-days should be thought of a "prep days" for the next heavy workout.

The idea for you isn't to only eat what you need, burn off the excess during training, and not gain an ounce.....you NEED the excess to gain muscular bodyweight.....there is nothing wrong with riding a desk all day, then not training that night because it is your off day, and eating just as much or more than you do on training days......you aren't trying to maintain weight and an off-day isn't a break from your plan. Caloric excess isn't about simply putting back what you burned, you need to eat more calories than you burn every single day.

JKurz1 said:
I need Bruce's input too, but I really appreciate that Gus. I will stop the am cardio. I promise. Look, it's been knocked down from 35 mins 7x a week to 4 or 5 and 20.....niext step is 1 or 2 at 20 then its nill...cant stop cold turkey.

I don't know where you are seeing a shake?????? You guys keep saying tha but my only shake is pw....yes, I use a protein blend, but you cant beat the bi valaue esp. first thing in the am (which is the only time other than pre workout)....so there I confused. The pineapple is an excellent food. Not only for digestion, a great carb, but the gi is much much slower when the chicken and oats are added. I think of oats and yams as the two best carb sources out there...there I used them quite a bit, that wont change.'

I agree my fats needs increased...so I am going to reduce carbs after this enxt meal and just have protein, fats and veggie????????

How can you say eat oats at night when I havent trained? The other dude he is training he has eating a high gi food post workout even on his off days...thats something I disagree with. I sit all day and work and eat...then I am suppose to have oats before bed? Explain this......gus....thanks man.

Oats are slow digesting carbs. Night time is the optimal time for those types of carbs. They are supposed to make it through the night. The problem that I see here is that your nutrients are not making it to the 5:30am point in the morning where you wake up and do cardio. Then you force yourself to train on an empty stomach. This only last 20-30 minutes as you have stated. Cardio will use carbs/proteins for energy for the first 15 minutes (GLUCONEGENESIS) and after that it starts burning fat. But then you stop the cardio before it really has a chance to start burning fat... You see the problem you have created? YouR morning cardio is burning muscle not fat. This is why I think you need more slow digesting carbs and proteins at night time.

Its not burning muscle bro...its a slow slow walk......trust me....if anything, its taking away from sleep Ineed to recover and expending energy....oats in the pm on training days ok....and I do it......rest day....umm..

BTW - 150mg of eq this am, squirt of AIMF tomorrow will be another 125mg of cyp. 5th one....

Top Bottom