Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My dog--and best bud--has cancer (MAST)

hellorhih2o

I found a weird looking bump under his lip five-six days ago, couldn't figure out what it was and set up an appointment with the vet for this morning. I couldn't take him until this morning because I had a short business trip scheduled (I came back last night). I thought it was just a skin thing, or worst case scenario (in my mind), a tick. The won't have the biopsy done until Friday or Monday at the latest but the vet was pretty sure it's a cancer called MAST. I barely remember what he said after that but it was something about another bump on his stomach and chemo but that's about all I remember.

Somebody please my some good news if you know anything about dogs surviving MAST (I might have the spelling wrong).

62c16a88d343242eed1f76a061481b2f.jpg

Let me know how this turns out.....You have my deepest sympathies......I lost one of my dogs last year to stomach cancer.........

pitbullstl said:
Let me know how this turns out.....You have my deepest sympathies......I lost one of my dogs last year to stomach cancer.........
thanks man. can't even go to work today and i seriously do not remember more than two or three words of what the vet said i just remember the look on his face and it wasn't good.

http://www.vetpath.co.za/small7.htm

Just like human cancers, there are grades. Keep in mind this is generic info, i dont know anything about your dogs prognosis, location, grade, etc. Naturally i have no vet experience either.

Histological grade Prognosis after complete surgical excision only
Grade 1 = well-differentiated 83% survive at least 4 years
Grade 2 = intermediate differentiation 44% survive at least 4 years
Grade 3 = poorly-differentiated < 10% survive more than 1 year

That sucks bro. I wish I had something else to contribute as far as knowledge. Deepest sympathies.

Yeah, man, good luck. It still doesn't mean he won't live awhile. Both of my last australian shepherds died of cancer (one on New Year's Eve, like, 6 days ago). Like my dad says, he could still live for months, or he could lie down now and not wake up. Not trying to be a dick, just a realist. You have my sympathies also. Here's hoping for the best...

Top Bottom