Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muskate's daily workouts and log

July 18, 2016

I had a really good workout today and just an all around good day. I had a meeting with my advising professor for my masters program this morning and we discussed my research topic for my masters. I am going to study intra workout supplement. I will have 4 groups:
1. A group that gets water during their workout
2. A group that gets carbohydrates during their workout
3. A group that gets BCAA during their workout
4. A group that gets BCAA + carbohydrates during their workout
It'll be really cool to see the body composition differences at the end of the study. I know a lot of us use intra-workout BCAA drinks and it'll be cool to see if they are actually doing anything. I will be using either the university's football team or hockey team for the study so all the participants will be healthy males who regularly train.

This is what my workout looked like today:

The last set of each exercise was a drop set. I reached failure (no longer being able to perform anymore repetitions with proper form), racked the weight and took 3 deep breaths and then hit failure again.

July 19, 2016

Today was a very long day for me. I put all the finishing touches on the designs for my clothing line and finally got the sample request done and paid. As soon as I am done writing this I am going to shower and then head to bed.

My workout wasn't as great as it usually is but you can't hit the ball out of the park every day. I still gave it the best I could. The only bad workout is the one that didn't happen.

Tomorrow I start phase 2 where I increase the weights used and lower my rep range. The target rep range is 9-11 reps in phase 2, where as it was 12-15 in phase 1 (the phase I just finished)

The last set of each exercise was a drop set. I reached failure (no longer being able to perform anymore repetitions with proper form), racked the weight and took 3 deep breaths and then hit failure again.

July 20, 2016

It's amazing the different a good sleep makes. I had a really good workout today. I started phase 2 so all my weights were increased and the target rep range was decreased from 12-15 to 9-11. My friend from Toronto is coming to visit me tomorrow so I am going to get up early and hit the gym early before picking her up at the airport. Tomorrow will be back, biceps and abs. I normally like to train after getting 2-3 meals in because I find my strength is the best then. I will be a little deleted training right after breakfast but I will focus on getting a really good pump and getting as good of a mind muscle connection as possible.

Whenever my strength is slightly down for whatever reason I really focus on pumping and squeezing the muscle and stimulating every muscle fibre. 3-4 second controlled negatives on every single repetition.

July 21, 2016

My friend from Toronto is flying in today to stay with me for the weekend so I got up early and got a workout in before having to pick her up at the airport. I defiantly like to train a little later in the day when I am able to get a few meals in but training first thing in the morning was a nice change of pace. The gym had a very different feel to it and I was surrounded by people I've never seen before.

I am already planing out my next workout split for when I am done this one. I am thinking it will be:
day 1: shoulders arms
day 2: legs calves
day 3: back chest
day 4: cardio abs
I will be back in school then and will have less time to devote to training so I will only be hitting 2-3 muscle groups per workout. That way my workouts will take 60-90 minutes (not including warms up and stretching after wards). I can get in, train, and get out.

July 22, 2016

Another really good workout today. My friend coming to visit is forcing me to take a bit of a mini vacation and relax a bit. It's amazing how rejuvenated you feel after just a single day off work. I had boundless energy during my workout today. Yesterday we went to the Blue Bombers football game. Neither of us are football fans and found the game kind of boring (lol) but it was still fun.

I trained right after breakfast because we are going out tonight. Tonight we are going to go for dinner, play a game of mini gold and then see a movie.

I am really excited to watch Canadian bodybuilding nationals tomorrow. I'll take as many photos as possible and post them on the board.

July 23, 2016

Today is the last day my friend is staying with me. Her flight leaves tomorrow at 5:15AM. We ended up staying home and watching Generation Iron last night instead of going out to stay a movie. It was a little bit tacky but it was still a really good movie and very motivating all around. Talk about a motivating weekend. Generation Iron last night and then watching Canadian Bodybuilding nationals tonight.

I trained directly after breakfast so we could get to the nationals venue around lunch. We are going to spend a couple hours at the venue and then go for dinner. After dinner we will head back for the awards. I'll take as many photos as possible.

I have 4 more workouts left in this workout program and then I start my new program. The split of my new workout program will be:
day 1: shoulders arms
day 2: legs calves
day 3: back chest
day 4: cardio abs
I will create a new thread with my daily workouts once I start my new training split.

July 24, 2016

Nationals was an absolute blast and extremely motivating all around. My friend Tawney had never see a bodybuilding show before and I think she was even more interested in it all then I was. It was just a really fun day all around. We went out for sushi after the show. It was a really nice mini vacation for me.

I had a really good workout today. I have 3 more workouts before starting my new workout program. I will take progress photos at the end of the log to see the 6 week difference in my body from this workout program.

The last set of every exercise was a drop set. I reached failure (no longer being able to perform anymore repetitions with proper form), racked the weight, chose a weight 25-30% lighter and then hit failure again.

July 25, 2016

For whatever reason, today's workout was a bit of a struggle. It was one of those workouts where I had to take it set by set. My head just wasn't in the zone for whatever reason. I am starting to feel burnt out from my current program. I am the type of person who needs to alternate programs every couple of weeks so I don't get bored. Some people thrive off order and enjoy doing the same workout every day. I am not one of those people. I like to do a different workout each day. I am more of an instinctual trainer.

On my next program, I am going to have a general template for each workout but alternate what exercise I do each workout. For example, the first exercise on my leg day might be a heavy squat exercise but I will alternate between back squats, hack squats and front squats each week. That way it keeps things interesting for me. I am also able to choose exercises based on how I am feeling. If I have a really high energy day, I might pick back squats and really crush it. If I am feeling a little bit tired that day, I might choose the hack squat instead.

The last set of every exercise was a drop set. I reached failure (no longer being able to perform anymore repetitions with proper form), racked the weight, chose a weight 25-30% lighter and then hit failure again.

July 26, 2016

Another workout in the books. I have one more workout left on this workout program. Tomorrow I am going to take progress photos to see the before and after transformation from the 6 weeks I spent on this program. I am up roughly 10 pounds from starting the program. All in all I am really happy with how things went and my progress overall. A lot of that 10 pounds will be water but I defiantly put on some solid lean mass throughout the log. Building muscle is a slow process. Especially for an experienced lifter like myself. I am taking the rest of the year off and won't be competing until the spring of 2017. I am hoping to put on about 20 pounds total (another 10 or so) before starting my diet early 2017 for my competition.

Top Bottom