Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muskate's daily workouts and log

July 10, 2016

Today was really weird. I was falling asleep through church this morning and really tired all this morning. When I got to the gym however, I had boundless energy and one of the best workouts I've ever had. It's amazing what a difference just putting some music on and getting the blood flowing for 5-10 minutes can make. Really good session today.

The last set of each exercise was a drop set. I reached failure (no longer being able to perform anymore repetitions with proper form), racked the weight and took 3 deep breaths and then hit failure again.

July 11, 2016My strength was a little down today. I had a bit of trouble sleeping last night. I've been so busy with everything going on that I haven't been finishing all my work and finally getting into bed until around 1-2AM most nights. Today is looking to be a similar situation but I am going to try to head to bed as soon as I am done everything.After my workout today I had a massage which was really relaxing. I certainly needed it. My massage therapist Antonio is hilarious. He's the only massage therapist I have ever met who plays EDM dance music during the massage and not spa music. He certainly doesn't give you a relaxation massage. He gets in the muscle and gets in there deep. I almost feel like I finished a workout after I leave a massage with him. It's great for breaking up dense scar tissue though. I try to go once per month. The last set of each exercise was a drop set. I reached failure (no longer being able to perform anymore repetitions with proper form), racked the weight and took 3 deep breaths and then hit failure again.

July 12, 2016Another really busy day today. I am launching my own clothing line at the end of the month and I had a call from one of the designers right before my workout. He's hard to get ahold of so I had to take the call. It caused me to start my workout a lot later after my pre-workout meal then I would of ideally liked but that's life. I had slightly low blood sugar levels throughout the workout but I still pushed through it all and give it 100%. Perfect days seldom happy. I often say that what separates those who really want it and those who kind of want it are how they deal with situations when things don't go 100% as planned. I start phase 2 tomorrow where I lower the rep ranges and increase all my working weights. The last set of each exercise was a drop set. I reached failure (no longer being able to perform anymore repetitions with proper form), racked the weight and took 3 deep breaths and then hit failure again.

This was very hard for me because I am your typical type A person. My first instinct is to always do more. Train harder, work more, diet stricter etc etc. I went in to train today and it just wasn't there. No pump. No energy. All the tell tale signs of over training. I decided to take the day off completely. Tomorrow I am going to do a light upper body workout. Friday I am going to do a light lower body workout. Saturday I will start my regular workouts again. Back with a vengeance. I will basically train like a lazy pro bodybuilder for the light workouts. Get a pump, talk to a few cute girls and then leave the gym. It's important to listen to your body. This is something I always remind my clients. Everyone of us LOVES to train. If you ever go to the gym and have no desire to be there or to workout, something is wrong. That is a red flag that you are most likely over training and should back off for a few days.

Muskate, do u have or recommend cheat meals, days, etc. What are ur thoughts on that? Congrats on the clothing line talk..

Muskate, do u have or recommend cheat meals, days, etc. What are ur thoughts on that? Congrats on the clothing line talk..
If you carb cycle like I do and have high carbohydrate days - cheat meals really aren't needed because the high carb days are re-feed days and will restore leptin levels and keep the metabolism revving optimally. That being said, I am all about balance. I have about one cheat meal per week. I save them for when it's a friends birthday, mothers day etc etc. I never eat absolute crap but I use the cheat meal to enjoy some foods that aren't on my regular meal plan.

I am feeling back to normal again and really excited to get back in the gym tomorrow and get back to my regular training program. Sometimes a day off and a few days on a different workout program is all you need to feel fresh, reinvigorated and eager to be back to the routine with a vengeance.

Yesterday I did an upper body circuit. Very fast pace pump style training. Today I did a lower body and ab circuit. Very minimal rest and a 'go go go' mentality. More of like a 'bikini' style workout then a bodybuilder workout per say but I still left the gym with a wicked pump and totally drenched in sweat.

Tomorrow I am going to start back at the beginning of microcycle 2 again and re-do phase 1 workout 1: Chest, triceps and calves.

July 16, 2016

Really great session today. Back to the grind and back to the routine. My strength and aggression was absolutely through the roof. The couple days off did me really well.

I had a lot of my clients who follow my log text me concerned asking if I was ok. I'm fine lol. If you are training extremely intensely it's normal to need a couple days off from time to time. It's important to listen to your body and give it a break when it asks for one. I train every day and only take a day off when I feel that I need one. It's something I don't recommend unless you are really in tune with your body and have been training for a long time.

Most profesional athletes and bodybuilders train 6-7 days per week. Sometimes even multiple times per day. It's fine to train that much, you just need to be smart about it. If your strength ever dips or you suddenly loose your motivation to train, that is a red flag that it's time to take a few days off and let your body rest and recover a bit.

The last set of each exercise was a drop set. I reached failure (no longer being able to perform anymore repetitions with proper form), racked the weight and took 3 deep breaths and then hit failure again.

July 17, 2016

Another really good workout today. I had a long meeting with one of the designers for the clothing company I am about to launch last night so I missed a meal. This morning I was busy with church and wasn't able to eat as much as I normally do before my workouts. I went into the workout feeling slightly depleted and hypoglycaemic but I focused on really getting a good mind muscle connection and getting a fantastic pump because my strength was a bit down. It's amazing how significant of a role food makes. Just two meals can make the world of difference.

Top Bottom