Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle memory is true ?

LotusLink

[FONT=&quot]I've been told that muscle has memory,is this true? if you get to a certain size ,stop working out,then start again is it easier to get back to that size?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

It's absolutely true. As you workout over the years, your muscle cells become more and more multinucleated. If you return to working out after a long time off, you still posses the increased nuclei which makes it easier to get back to where you were.

of course it is true

how is it that we see pro athletes blow out their knee.. can't even walk for months, then the next year have great seasons. Drew brees after shoulder surgery did not throw a football for a long fucking time and when he started up again could still throw better than 99.9% of people.

here is a real world example: i run with a dude who runs a sub 16 minute 5K. the dude broke his leg playing flag football. i run a 20 minute 5K. the guy was on crutches for 2 months. then started running again and was running as fast as me within a month. then a month after that was back running 16 minute 5K's. how come he went from being on crutches to 2 months later running faster than me even though i was training my balls off too in that time? his body REMEMBERED how fast he was so he could get back there.. he had been running since he was like 6 yrs old.

homeostasis and body memory builds up over time.. that is why it is important for everyone to get into fitness from a young age. that will pay huge dividends later in life even if you stop training here and there!

Top Bottom