Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is mucle size directly related to strenght

Is mucle size directly related to strengt?

• Yes, 100%. I train heavy all the time and have huge muscles.

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No. I train with moderate weight and go for the burn, but still have huge muscles.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Somewhat, i mix my training up to have the biggest muscles.

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

gwl9dta4

I say somewhat. From my experience the relationship is somewhat inverse. Meaing the larger some of my muscles got through specific type of training the strenght aspect declined. Then when i would train like a weightlifter i would gain streght but loose size.

:nopity:

Last edited:
I dont know, but i know some big guys who cant lift as much as me. I dont think size has as much to do with strength as we all believe. Unless your yoked.

Strength is actually more dependent on the efficancy of the nervous system and motor units. The more motor units that fire the stronger the contraction. This is what low rep traning dose and this is also why some 150lbs. power lifters can bench over twice their bodyweight. But it is also true that anytime you increase the cross section of a muscle their will be a strength increase.

Form and efficiency more than size. In my experience, the strongest people proportionally are smaller-framed guys.

spentagn said:
Form and efficiency more than size. In my experience, the strongest people proportionally are smaller-framed guys.

Very true and insertion point also play a big role. I've also heard people with long forearms have a mechanical disadvantage.

jstrong20 said:

Very true and insertion point also play a big role. I've also heard people with long forearms have a mechanical disadvantage.

Hmmm. My cock is pretty big, and it seems to get in the way of my squats.

Jstrong20 pretty much nailed it but I would also like to add that genetics such as muscle fiber type make an extremely big difference as well.

you left out "tons of strength but small muscles"... im considerably smaller than what i would like to be, but i find that my strength is equal to or greater than those much bigger than i.

I would have to say that while there is some relation between muscle size and strength, it is a shaky relationship at best. I am a powerlifter, and I increased my bench press over 100 lbs from July 2001 to December 2001 while increasing my body weight about 7 lbs. Someone above hit the nail on the head. Lifting big weights is more about the central nervous system than it is about big muscles. That is why some powerlifters, Louies Simmons for example can continue getting stronger into their fifties, while science shows that muscle hypertrophy is exceedingly difficult past age 40.

Top Bottom