Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Most Frequently Neglected Necessity****Good Read***

joeyz123

This is an article that I read in the AnabolicInsider written by Ryan Evans. Thought it had some good info.

A study done by Dr. James Schoffstall and coworkers from Old Dominion University Confirmed that strength is decreased during dehydration. Using experienced lifters, they demonstrated a reduction of 1.5% in body weight from sweating produced on average, a 12-pound reduction in the bench press. Also, the lifters only performed a bench press 1-rep max test. not an entire workout. I assume, If they did, the total amount of weight lifted would have been even more dramatically reduced as a result of dehydration. The researchers then got the athletes to re-hydrate for two hours and the decrease in performance was eliminated.

The body uses water, along with food, as fuel to keep it up and in good running order. Water lubricates joints and organs, maintains muscle tone, keep skin soft, regulates body temperature, filters out impurities and keeps our minds alert. It also carries important nutrients such as calcium, sodium and potassium to cells.

Although the body has a reserve of nutrients, it does not have a reserve of water. Maintaining hydration is critically important to physical performance it also promotes a range of anabolic/ anti-catabolic mechanisims within muscle cells. Keep water within sight during the day and consume small amounts frequently, rather that guzzling down gallons when you become thirsty.

Here are a few other fact aobut water I found interesting.........

75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated

In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weakit is often mistaken for hunger.

Even MILD dehydration will slow down ones metabolism by as much as 3%

One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pains for almost 100% of dieters in a U-Washington study.

Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue. Preliminary research suggests that 8-10 glasses of water a day could signifigantly reduce back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty when reading.

bodybuilders are especially affected by dehydration. We are essentially bags of water. Muscle itself is over 70% water. If you want to increase muscle mass and strength you can forget it unless you consume 8-10 glasses of water per day. Some competetive bodybuilders will drink 1-2 gallons everyday for their needs.

Creatine, and hight protein dites increase the need for water consumption as well. Remember thirst is teh LAST sign of dehydration. Once youare thirsty you hava already startedslipping into dehydration, So, keep it with you at all times

And....

If you are using a lot of Oral AS you better keep your kidneys flushed.

Good thread, most dudes have every part of their diet down except this one. My girlfriend thinks I'm wacked for drinking 1-2 gallons a day:spit:

Top Bottom