Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MLB: Sports Illustrated and Steroid Use

Twisted_Steel

It most certainly has been ages since I have had the opportunity to address and issue here at Elite Fitness. Given my tenure as a member I have seen almost every issue conceivable posted relating to the use and administration of almost any AAS devised by modern science. Therefore, like many of the veterans before me the desire to contribute falls by the side.
Anyway, I digress from the subject at hand and that is the recent edition of Sports Illustrated and their “astonishing” revelation about anabolic androgenic steroid “abuse” in Major League Baseball as told by MVP Ken Caminiti. The article is supposed to unveil the “rampant” use of AAS and correlate it’s presence in MLB with a number of purported evils, like falling attendance and unfair competition.
Does anyone else consider this to be of horseshit importance given all that has transpired within the past year. Anabolic steroid use has obviously redefined the physique of today’s power player. These athletes, given the technological superiority of today’s training modalities, equipment, and AAS, irrespective of hormonal manipulation are better conditioned and better trained then their predecessors, thusly as athletic potential has improved universally within all of sports, baseball is witnessing the same.
Now comes an onslaught of bleeding heart poorly educated members of the yellow press media frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs at the chance to dispel or dismiss the athletic superiority of any athlete accused of steroid use. Now, lets strip Ken Caminiti of his MVP title, because God knows that locked within a vial of testosterone enanthate comes desire, dedication, and genetic ability.
The media is calling for “ACTION”, these “juiced up" athletes need to suffer consequences for their actions. Well, no shit consequences are the result of all decisions. In this case, the desire to use AAS as an anti-catabolic agent when abused is leading to the quick accrual of excessive skeletal muscle, which when subjected to the ballistic forces of baseball results in sometimes significant if not career ending soft tissue damage to muscle, ligament, and tendons.
No one is putting a gun to these athlete’s faces demanding they use steroids. Should they elect not to use them and still possess the skill to be deemed professionals their still going to be millionaires. Those who assume the responsibility of self- administering AAS will probably train harder and recover faster. That can potentially result in improved force velocity, which will obviously affect the travel distance of a ball once struck. They too, will be millionaires who will possibly face systemic and or orthopedic issues should they abuse those compounds.
HERES THE SHORT AND SKINNY OF IT, AMERICA GROW THE FUCK UP, LETS FOCUS OUR ATTENTION ON ISSUES THAT REALLY MATTER!

I would love to hear some feedback related to this issue. Does it matter to you that the MLB players know what the true breakfast of champions is? Does it affect the integrity of the game?

Does it matter to me, not at all.

The problem is all the soccer moms and the dads that tell there kids, "you can be anything you want to be as long as you put your mind to it", which, as we know, is horseshit.

Many kids look up to athletes. How do you explain to your kids that there heroes use "drugs" yet they shouldn't because it's bad for them?

Top Bottom