Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mixing steroids and anti-inflammatories - is it possible?

Nurtop

Have a little inflammation on my ankle that I twisted, so I wanted to use diklabru (don't know if this is called this way in english, sorry) an injectable anti-inflammatory. Also, I would like to save some injections, and mix it with my steroids - would it be ok, or I should do two separate injections?

using anti-inflammatories is the dumbest thing you can do for an injury. you will cause MORE damage and could create a situation where the injury becomes chronic

inflammation is a sign of injury and your body is attempting to heal itself.. a little ice is fine to ease the inflammation, but using full fledged drugs to stop inflammation is just not smart for an athlete

Inflammation is actually NEEDED to heal. It increases circulation to the area causing the healing process to happen. Rest your ankle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should not mix in the same syringe compounds of different classes and solved in different liquids (oils vs water based). Therefore, even if you will use the anti-inflammatory, do so with a separate injection. However, it is not a good idea to use those without a really urgent need - just rest your ankle, and give it some time to get recovered.

Taking anti inflammatory drugs before your workout will actually be counterproductive for your muscle building goals. Inflammation (the pump) is needed to signal the hypertrophy (muscle building) process. By taking anti-inflammatory before your workout, you will blunt that response and not get as much of a hypertrophy response from the workout that you would of otherwise.

Most anti inflammatory drugs also carry a more liver toxic nature then most oral steroids. I am really not a fan of anti-inflammatory pain medications unless they are 100% necessary.

Top Bottom