Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Met IFBB pro Shawn Davis yesterday...

RoNiN

He made an apperance at a supplement store for a photo shoot and to met people. In case you are not familier with him he is Mr.Great Britian , Mr.Europe , Mr.Universe and an IFBB pro.

He was very nice and easy to get along with , he was with his woman and their daughter. Very big arms and looked good all over but his arms are what really stood out.

As far as talking to him i got the following information:

1) He says insulin is one of the best mass builders and in his opinion it is more effective than HGH.

2) He had double kidney failure and he is on so much medication he somehow can still compete and take juice however he has a docter check his whole body every 6 weeks.

3) He had an abcess in his right tricep from water based site injections. He says one trick he got from Jay Cutler was to put the water based AS in the mouth , under the tounge...and it will be absorbed the same way as an injection. He says that is safer then injecting.

4) He does not use synthol and he says there are a full pros who are having health problems from it because when the oil is broken down into the body it starts to clog the internal organs
He said that using synthol is a really bad idea and from the look of his arms site injections do produce local site growth because how arms were ridiculously big and disproportional to the rest of his body.

5) He doesn't care about how he high he places , the Euro BB's do not get the kind of popularity in North Americia that the US BB's do so he sticks to Euro contests. Considering he almost died from kidney failure he is lucky to be still alive and able to still be a pro BB.

6) He prefers Euro drugs to the US kind.

7) In terms of the kind of money he makes as a pro that places mediocore in compeitiotns , he is sponsered by Prolab and he makes enough money to own a Lexus and a Mercedes Benz and he has alot of nice jewelry around his neck and wrists. I would say he is making a pretty good living and has money. He isn't a millionare like the pro football players but he has enough to live well and look flashy.

Other then that he seemed very friendly and honest. I'm not sure if it was the precontest diet or what but he was really out of it and would pause every couple of minutes trying to think of what he was trying to say. It looked like his brain wasn't working particularly well that day. He also came across as someone who didn't have his manners down right because he repeatedly picked his teeth with his fingers and would shake peoples hands with the same hand. Yuck!

RoNiN said:

3) He says one trick he got from Jay Cutler was to put the water based AS in the mouth , under the tounge...and it will be absorbed the same way as an injection. He says that is safer then injecting.

i think winny is water based. would it be better to take winny like this?

do you think he could be experiencing kidney problems because of the insulin? one of my older friends who is 70 years old told me how is father died of kidney failure and went blind because he was taking high dosages of insulin because he was a diabetic.

saw him this weekend at the toronto pro and i would have to say that he's a lil' rough...thought perhaps that it was the brit attitude...?his upper body is quite enormous...but very disproportionate to his lower half...his legs looked really small compared to his upper proportions and abs were not visible at all...needless to say,he didn't even place at this show...

Re: Re: Met IFBB pro Shawn Davis yesterday...

fistfullofsteel said:

i think winny is water based. would it be better to take winny like this?

do you think he could be experiencing kidney problems because of the insulin? one of my older friends who is 70 years old told me how is father died of kidney failure and went blind because he was taking high dosages of insulin because he was a diabetic.

That is definatly a possibility. I think it is the combination of lasix ( which is uses ) , high protien diet , and insulin combined that turned his once healthy kidneys into dogshit.

As for winny it is a AA17 steriod and as a result can be swallowed and absorbed by the stomach. I think he was referring to test suspension.

da big thinker said:
saw him this weekend at the toronto pro and i would have to say that he's a lil' rough...thought perhaps that it was the brit attitude...?his upper body is quite enormous...but very disproportionate to his lower half...his legs looked really small compared to his upper proportions and abs were not visible at all...needless to say,he didn't even place at this show...

I noticed that too , that is why i'm sure the site injections helped get his arms the way they are. The arms on this guy are so much bigger then what you would expect on someone with legs like that. I mean his legs are good but comapred to his arms they are not that impressive at all. Proportional bodybuilders have huge legs with the huge arms unless they built their arms up in a different way then how they built their legs.

I met him a few months ago as well. He was nice enough. He signed a picture for me for free too which was kind. He asked which picture I like dthe best, and I said pick whichever is your favorite. He picked one of himself doing cable flyes because "he looked nasty" in it as he said. I didn't get to see his legs but his arms were huge.

RoNiN said:

I noticed that too , that is why i'm sure the site injections helped get his arms the way they are. The arms on this guy are so much bigger then what you would expect on someone with legs like that. I mean his legs are good but comapred to his arms they are not that impressive at all. Proportional bodybuilders have huge legs with the huge arms unless they built their arms up in a different way then how they built their legs.

i guess the art of illusion CAN work against you,such as in the case of shawn davis...because on stage his legs looked soooooooo small compared to that beefcake upper bod...

I heard Shaun was doing a demo/appearance at Mike Baids store in Ottawa. I saw Shaun the night before at the Toronto Pro show and he looked okay. Legs were a weak point for sure but I think I remember my friends from ProLab saying he had a knee injury or something.
I know 2 of the guys from Prolab fairly well and they have told me countless stories of Shaun and his character..funny guy.
When Lee Priest was with Prolab I guess these two together were a comic act.

RoNiN said:

I'm not sure if it was the precontest diet or what but he was really out of it and would pause every couple of minutes trying to think of what he was trying to say. It looked like his brain wasn't working particularly well that day. He also came across as someone who didn't have his manners down right because he repeatedly picked his teeth with his fingers and would shake peoples hands with the same hand. Yuck!

NUBAIN, my friend. Most of the pros use it.

Top Bottom