Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Message to Alltraps and all the iron brothers

The_Chemist

I was going throught the same thing as you about a year ago. I spilled my guts on these boards and Ironmaster responded with the truest words ever spoken. I'm passing them on because of how much sense they made. Not just for you..........but for everyone in the EF community whos ever goen through tough times.

"I've said this several times, so I'm not sure which post you mean. But, yes, I've been through life's ups and downs. My first marriage ended badly, I've had successes and failures in business, I've fought the battles of raising teenagers, lost loved ones......this shit just happens if you live long enough.
The one constant thing in my life has been the training. The gym is a place of truth and honor. The iron and steel is always there waiting for you, and always gives back exactly what you put in. The determination, sacrifice and hardwork required to be successful there will spill over into all your endeavors in life.
Yes, women and money and friends come and go, but a 45lb. plate always weighs 45lbs.
When things are in the shitter, I've always just renewed my dedication to training and the brotherhood we all share. And you know, things always get better.
My second wife is great.....shares my interest in enhanced training, cooks my food just right, is a great mom to our 5 sons, and is much younger and prettier than I deserve.......but if it went down the dumper tomorrow, I'm still going to the gym.
Hang in there, man, it'll be ok."

Ironmaster

Man i thought i was gona cry after reading................Yes, women and money and friends come and go, but a 45lb. plate always weighs 45lbs

that is deep shit :) i will post it in my signature

its easier said then done. i try to go back to the gym, but i dont see a 45lb dumbell, i see her face. everywhere i look, i see her and remember her. every fucking song, every movie, everything. i do think its important to stay busy and keep training, but at this point of this shit in my life, i jsut dont give a fuck about it. the gym will always be there tomorrow, but she wont, and i am alone and lost without her.

nothing motivated me more than a breakup with an ex-gf to work and train harder than ever.

a very good read.

alltraps said:
its easier said then done. i try to go back to the gym, but i dont see a 45lb dumbell, i see her face. everywhere i look, i see her and remember her. every fucking song, every movie, everything. i do think its important to stay busy and keep training, but at this point of this shit in my life, i jsut dont give a fuck about it. the gym will always be there tomorrow, but she wont, and i am alone and lost without her.

Alltraps:
I've been in your situation, or a similar one after a breakup. I was so anxious and depressed that I couldn't eat, sleep, or talk to anyone for days and days that lead to weeks. Lost a ton of weight, didn't know what to do. I haven't read all the threads, and I don't know if this has been advised but if your appetite and sleep and/or depression etc. continues for more than a week, go to your doctor asap and tell him/her EVERYTHING. Tell him you can't eat, sleep, don't leave anything out or he/she can misdiagnose you. Make sure you don't get some stuff that takes "weeks to kick in." I know from weeks and weeks of going from meds to meds nothing working etc. This is just an option that I don't think you should overlook. Put the gym, diet, gear ALL on the back burner for now. Trust me, you need this time to get yourself headed in the right direction bro. Hopefully you can deal with your situation better than I could, but if not take my advise

im not suicidal or anything, just fucking messed up and depressed. i cant grasp the fact that its over and she doesnt want to make it work. i just cant comprehend that.

alltraps said:
im not suicidal or anything, just fucking messed up and depressed. i cant grasp the fact that its over and she doesnt want to make it work. i just cant comprehend that.

sorry to hear that, jus give it time.

hairlossguru said:
I was going throught the same thing as you about a year ago. I spilled my guts on these boards and Ironmaster responded with the truest words ever spoken. I'm passing them on because of how much sense they made. Not just for you..........but for everyone in the EF community whos ever goen through tough times.

"I've said this several times, so I'm not sure which post you mean. But, yes, I've been through life's ups and downs. My first marriage ended badly, I've had successes and failures in business, I've fought the battles of raising teenagers, lost loved ones......this shit just happens if you live long enough.
The one constant thing in my life has been the training. The gym is a place of truth and honor. The iron and steel is always there waiting for you, and always gives back exactly what you put in. The determination, sacrifice and hardwork required to be successful there will spill over into all your endeavors in life.
Yes, women and money and friends come and go, but a 45lb. plate always weighs 45lbs.
When things are in the shitter, I've always just renewed my dedication to training and the brotherhood we all share. And you know, things always get better.
My second wife is great.....shares my interest in enhanced training, cooks my food just right, is a great mom to our 5 sons, and is much younger and prettier than I deserve.......but if it went down the dumper tomorrow, I'm still going to the gym.
Hang in there, man, it'll be ok."

Ironmaster

this is what a rational and stable person thinks like. I AM FAR FROM THAT

Top Bottom