Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Meditation and your next steroid cycle

Cal_21

So I've been really intrigued by the benefits of meditating. Allegedly a lot of pro athletes use meditation and visualization to achieve their goals. Plus meditation can effect one's outlook positively. I believe a great deal of training and the ability to stick to a diet is just as much mental as anything else. I don't have fancy peer reviewed journal articles.

BUT!!!

Basically I signed up for a meditation class and I will apply these techniques, outlook and everything to my upcoming cycle.

I will keep a weekly journal when I start my cycle.

I will talk about this cycle compared to my last one (my first).

The benefits I feel can be attributed to mediation.

I will log my weight, diet, lifts, cardio routines

Notes about my workout sessions, my state of mind, if it makes a difference and so forth.

Could be a bunch of b.s. but maybe it will make all the difference for me. It is worth a shot.

wzkid said:
Im with you bro. Whatever works, right?

Right. I mean maybe the right mindset can produce gains similar to an extra amp of test a week? I just have this feeling like the right mindset is what separates the super jacked as hell people and the rest of us. I know genetics is a big factor. But I'm curious to see how much of this game is in our heads. You know pushing out that last rep or two every time, deciding not take that cheat day. Deciding to stay in and go to bed @ 9:30/10:00 and not go to the club. Little things like that all add up. Hmmm.

centy said:
Are you talking transcendental meditation? Maharishi type stuff?

It's just a 1/4 credit course I threw in @ the last minute mostly for the possible athletic benefits. It's a trans-personal psychology introductory course.

It is focused mainly on Jose Silva's "The Mind Control Method".

Here's the intro from the syllabus I got today (first day):

the Jose Silva theory of meditation and its practice will be explored will be explored to understand how the principles of meditation induction. deepening. visualization. positive affirmation, and performance review can aid in self-improvement. Performance enhancement exercises will be offered which students will be able to apply to their interests such as the following: studies, sports, relating to others, prayer and wellness development through stress reduction. Students will also learn how to select other personal goals for self improvement and actualize them through meditation techniques.

advanced-stealth said:
Keep us updated.

I'll just use this thread as my journal. I'll post up weekly. I should start my cycle within the month @ the latest. Hopefully Sooner.

At the very end I'll post pics. Maybe ever 3-4 weeks of the cycle. (I'm going for a 12 weeker this time)

i learned a form of meditation for controlling stress and releasing my anxiety. Then in my later years once i was not involved in any religious sect of any sort, and just generally angry all the time, i began meditating on possitive thoughts to release the anger i was feeling, all these forms of meditation served their purpose over the years, but it wasn't until about 4 or 5 years ago that i began the art of meditating to quite the chatter so to speak. this takes practise, as you may or may not know the brain will process up to 3000 bits of information every second, and this can cause the mind to wander very easily.

It has been said that the average person cannot hold a thought for more than 6 seconds without wondering onto another. The secret to quiting the chatter in my life has been to focus on one thing, like your breathing for instance, i might add that relaxing the body first is a big help towards quieting the mind. A good way for relaxing the body is to start at the feet and tense them really hard for a minimum of 10 seconds, then relax them and let them almost sink into the bed, then tense the calves for 10 seconds and let them relaxe, do this for the entire body including the muscles of the face. Once you have relaxed the body take in 10 deep breaths, breaths that fill your abdomen and right down to your groin area, remember this is the area of the solar plexus, or the center of your being, the SUN if you will. After taking these 10 slows breaths in and exhaled out you shoudl feel very relaxed and calm. Now turn your attention to your breathing or picture a small flame in front of you and focus on it, anytime another thought or picture enters your mind dismiss it immediately, this will take some doing but over time you will master it. It works for me. Then from the moment you can hold a thought for 1 minute or more, that is when you are ready to focus on things in your life you would like to change, then focus on them. Like wealth for instance, see yourself wealthy, feel how good you would feel if you were wealthy, experience wealth.

Meditation is best done first thing in the morning and just before bed, this is also when the subconscious mind will be ready to take instruction as well.

Remember that the sun shining on a piece of paper will have no effect on it, but take a magnifying glass and focus the suns energy on the piece of paper and it will instantly catch fire. So it is with your thoughts, focus your attention on a subject or topic long enough and it will catch fire. This is how success is born and dreams become manifested.

Faizakafez said:
i learned a form of meditation for controlling stress and releasing my anxiety. Then in my later years once i was not involved in any religious sect of any sort, and just generally angry all the time, i began meditating on possitive thoughts to release the anger i was feeling, all these forms of meditation served their purpose over the years, but it wasn't until about 4 or 5 years ago that i began the art of meditating to quite the chatter so to speak. this takes practise, as you may or may not know the brain will process up to 3000 bits of information every second, and this can cause the mind to wander very easily.

It has been said that the average person cannot hold a thought for more than 6 seconds without wondering onto another. The secret to quiting the chatter in my life has been to focus on one thing, like your breathing for instance, i might add that relaxing the body first is a big help towards quieting the mind. A good way for relaxing the body is to start at the feet and tense them really hard for a minimum of 10 seconds, then relax them and let them almost sink into the bed, then tense the calves for 10 seconds and let them relaxe, do this for the entire body including the muscles of the face. Once you have relaxed the body take in 10 deep breaths, breaths that fill your abdomen and right down to your groin area, remember this is the area of the solar plexus, or the center of your being, the SUN if you will. After taking these 10 slows breaths in and exhaled out you shoudl feel very relaxed and calm. Now turn your attention to your breathing or picture a small flame in front of you and focus on it, anytime another thought or picture enters your mind dismiss it immediately, this will take some doing but over time you will master it. It works for me. Then from the moment you can hold a thought for 1 minute or more, that is when you are ready to focus on things in your life you would like to change, then focus on them. Like wealth for instance, see yourself wealthy, feel how good you would feel if you were wealthy, experience wealth.

Meditation is best done first thing in the morning and just before bed, this is also when the subconscious mind will be ready to take instruction as well.

Remember that the sun shining on a piece of paper will have no effect on it, but take a magnifying glass and focus the suns energy on the piece of paper and it will instantly catch fire. So it is with your thoughts, focus your attention on a subject or topic long enough and it will catch fire. This is how success is born and dreams become manifested.

Excellent post!

I really can't wait to try this out. I'm trying to get my diet hammered out natty so i won't be shocked by it when I'm on cycle. I'm going to take my diet more seriously year round from here on out too.

Stocked up on greens, spinach, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, couple types of beans, ton of frozen chicken, ton of canned tuna, a bit of fish. Some fish oil caps, sweet potatoes, unsweetened oatmeal, a little whole wheat bread. Hot sauce/peppers is going to be a big part of my diet too lol

Top Bottom