Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

med journal translation/ ATTN: journal freaks

triguy

: Brain Res Brain Res Rev 2001 Nov;37(1-3):360-71 Related Articles, Links

Neuroactive steroids and peripheral myelin proteins.

Magnaghi V, Cavarretta I, Galbiati M, Martini L, Melcangi RC.

Department of Endocrinology and Center of Excellence for Neurodegenerative Disorders, University of Milan, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133, Milan, Italy. [email protected]

The present review summarizes observations obtained in our laboratories which underline the importance of neuroactive steroids (i.e., progesterone (PROG), dihydroprogesterone (5alpha-DH PROG), tetrahydroprogesterone (3alpha, 5alpha-TH PROG), testosterone (T), dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and 5alpha-androstan-3alpha,17beta-diol (3alpha-diol)) in the control of the gene expression of myelin proteins (i.e. glycoprotein Po (Po) and the peripheral myelin protein 22 (PMP22)) in the peripheral nervous system. Utilizing different in vivo (aged and adult male rats) and in vitro (Schwann cell cultures) experimental models, we have observed that neuroactive steroids are able to stimulate the mRNA levels of Po and PMP22. The effects of these neuroactive steroids, which are able to interact with classical (progesterone receptor, PR, and androgen receptor, AR) and non-classical (GABA(A) receptor) steroid receptors is further supported by our demonstration in sciatic nerve and/or Schwann cells of the presence of these receptors. On the basis of the observations obtained in the Schwann cells cultures, we suggest that the stimulatory effect of neuroactive steroids on Po is acting through PR, while that on PMP22 needs the GABA(A) receptor. The present findings might be of importance for the utilization of specific receptor ligands as new therapeutical approaches for the rebuilding of the peripheral myelin, particularly in those situations in which the synthesis of Po and PMP22 is altered (i.e. demyelinating diseases like Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 1A and type 1B, hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsies and the Dejerine-Sottas syndrome, aging, and after peripheral injury).

bro this study has nothing to do with BB i can translate if you want....:in the control of the gene expression of myelin proteins (i.e. glycoprotein Po (Po) and the peripheral myelin protein 22 (PMP22)) in the peripheral nervous system.....looks like it must have something to do with MS multiple Sclerosis that is when you body developes an imune response to your myelin sheiths(which are covering of your neurons(nerv cells) ). Interesting study though my ex has MS....hmmm i guess that explaines it why anavar helped her concentrate, also GABA (a) hmmm looks like valium is good for something.....lol

thanx shot ya some karma!!!!

jus curious about how 3-alpha( the prohormone?) was involved in this.

peace

Just receptor binding and gene transcription study on the covering of neurons, so the androgens actually stimulate myelin sheith protein synthesis in the peripheral nervouse system and so do GABA(a) receptors new info to me but very interesting....well just another reason to pin myself one more time...lol :p and pop a valium or two.....:eek: :p

Top Bottom