Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Making fina... Filter seems clogged???

vitor1

Hey bros,

I was making a batch of fina(w/ A 4000 kit) and I drawed out the first batch and put in the sterile vial ...Then I drawed up the next and no matter how hard I push.. It doesn't want to filter..?? Is my filter clogged? Also I only had one filter(this is all that comes with the kit) Can I clean my filter with sterile water or do I just need to order a new one or does anyone have any tips, tricks, advice.....anything for me???

Thanks

yes, you probably have some filler stuck in the filter. It has happened to me a few times. just take a needle from one of your syringes and dig it out. just make sure to heat when done so you sterilize it.

Im with brickgirl, sometimes the filters can be on wrong and wont allow any fluid through them. I have had it happen, it wasnt plugged. The filters have a large surface area and will slowly clog with use, they dont usually just stop working instantly.

Quote from the instructions.

A note on pressure/syringe size to use with the filters. A 20ml
syringe will create 80psi, while a 10ml syringe creates 140psi. With a 10ml syringe the solution will go through more than 2x as fast and that is why you are provided with a 10ml syringe.

GMF filters are resistant to weakening or disruption of the fibrous
matrix by inorganic or organic solutions and has a broad chemical
compatibility. Made of borosilicate glass microfibers. Presterilized by Gamma radiation.

Typical chararcteristics:
Filter 25mm GD/X, membrane GMF, Prefilter GMF 150 (10:1) and GF/F (0.7mm), Autoclavable at 121C (250F), 15PSI, for 20 min, max temp 131C (267F)

Now why mention all that? Certain things will need to be sterile
filtered hot and you can see the filters can take the temp. Furthermorel, if you mess up your filter you can run some methanol through it to clear it which is then basically sterile, but if you are a stickler, you wrap the filter in a piece of aluminum foil and throw it into your oven at 250F for 20min and it's good as new again.

Top Bottom