Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lowering cholesterol??

needsize

Elite Mentor
Platinum
to make a long story short, a friend has to lower his cholesterol levels as he basically has a form of "gout". his doc wants him to go the surgery route, but obviously he wants to try a different route first. I know there are drugs that will lower your levels, anyone know what they are called, or have any ideas?

bump

Research has shown that eating one bowl of real oatmeal a day will lower your cholesterol.

Research has also shown that by eating six celery stalks a day it will help lower your blood pressure.

There all kinds of foods you can eat to help lower cholesterol and all kinds of foods you should stay away from to also help lower cholesterol. If interested, do a google search.

The drugs out there (there are many) are called Statins? Maybe someone a lot more knowledgable than me can help out here?

This is all I know.

WIKIPEDIA said:
Atorvastatin , marketed under the trade name Lipitor and several others, is a member of the drug class known as statins, used for lowering cholesterol. Atorvastatin inhibits the rate-determining enzyme located in hepatic tissue that produces mevalonate, a small molecule used in the synthesis of cholesterol and other mevalonate derivatives. This lowers the amount of cholesterol produced which in turn lowers the total amount of LDL cholesterol.

Hope this helps.....I knew it was Lipitor......this is what it does ^^^^

Niacinamide and the B Vitamins all help

Garlic(Kyolic)

Policosinal in higher doses is VERY good and helps many 40 -60 mgs a day

Green Tea(60% ECCG)

Tocotreniols

use ALL of the above

I take sesamin, psyllium husk and eat oatmeal. I had a blood test a week ago and my cholesterol was well below the normal range. I have a feeling the sesamin was a big factor. A healthy balanced diet would work wonders too.

tell him to take extra virgin olive oil. it is great stuff for general health man, but especially at lowering bad cholesterol. just drink it if he dont want it on food. has to be EXTRA VIRGIN, or VIRGIN at the least. anything from a later stage in processing has very little nutritional/health benefits compared to the two listed

Top Bottom