Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lowering Blood Sugar

nycdiesel

hey, my blood sugar level is borderline of being high....i was wondering if anyone has any tips( nutrition/supplements, ect) to lower it......... thanks for the help

Yes cinnamon taken daily will lower it by 10%. My hubby was prediab and went from 102 to 80 with taking cinnamon and cutting out processed food and walking more...

after reading that article i think its all the past ive been eating thats raising it up..thanks for the help

nycdiesel said:
after reading that article i think its all the past ive been eating thats raising it up..thanks for the help
I'm assuming you are in a pre-diabetes state.

Most people can tolerate large amounts of sugar and simple carbohydrates without elevation of their blood sugar. Those who are predisposed to diabetes find in the early stages of diabetes, their blood sugar rises when they eat large amounts of sugar. This is tested for by many physicians by a "glucose tolerance test." Basically you consume 50 g of sugar and see if your blood sugar is elevated 2 hours later.

You are doing a good job by hunting down ways to change your diet and lifestyle to keep your blood sugar lower. As time progresses, you will find that this is harder and harder to do. Although not the news you want to hear, you will likely need diabetes medicines at some point in your life. This is why it's important to have frequent checks of your blood sugar, and at least annual checks of your hemoglobin A1C level (gets an average blood sugar over a 90-day period).

Treating diabetes is extremely important to prevent heart disease, kidney disease, strokes, and peripheral neuropathy (a painful condition that leads to loss of sensation of your toes, feet, hands, etc.). However, these conditions are preventable or at least delayed for many years by proper treatment.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. I'm back in the States again, and I think (hope, or pray more like it) I get to stay here for a few months this time. :)

Top Bottom