Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low carb low cals = low strength ?

iron_matt-CB

I'm currently 210lbs and consuming 2500 cals a day with under 100 grams of carbs daily... I started a winny 50ed prop 400 a week masteron 400 a week 10 days ago.. I'm feeling no increase in strength at all.. I would think the winny would have lkicked in a bit by now but I'm really not feeling much.. In curious if the low cals low carbs could be the reason. Any advice is appreciated

how much fat? 2500 doesnt seem that low... I'm used to around that much, but if you're used to like 4K then ya I can see how strength might not be tehre yet

Yes from personal experience. I did a natural show and was at about 2000 cals a day with 20-30 carbs and my strength was cut in half. Before i was doing 115# dumbbell inclines, during diet barely getting the 65's up.

how much fat? 2500 doesnt seem that low... I'm used to around that much, but if you're used to like 4K then ya I can see how strength might not be tehre yet

Yup with less than 100 grams of carbs ur going to be needing alot of fat to fuel yourself, also are you carbing up at all? Another thing to look at is your work outs, easy to over train in diet mode... But no mater what u can expect to loose at least some strength.
If everythings in check a eca stack helpes me out.

thanks for all the responses guys...i was getting a little nervous that something was wrong with my gear...ive used this gear before and had great results but was eating more, so now i know the cals are low so the strength is suffering...even when you look at the pros lifting pre contest it seems like they use really light weights, im assuming cause they are eating so little

Top Bottom