Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low Blood Pressure or Sugar, help!

A

Advaik

I have a problem with low blood sugar ever since I changed my diet. I am constantly getting dizzy and blacking out whenever I stand. Is there a way to prevent this besides eating more sugar? I'm at high risk for diabeties so I can't have much sugar.

Last edited:
So what is your diet? Have you had a fasting glucose test or a blood pressure test recently or are you just guessing? Low blood glucose is not the same as low BP. You may suffer from postural hypotension which has nothing to do with blood sugar. Get it checked out.

If you are talking about hypoglycemic episodes, I get them too. I guess they have different serverities, I haven't passed out yet.

People reccomend eating more frequently, and avoiding High GI carbs. The problem I have been getting lately is that I forget to eat soon after my postworkout meal, the time I am most prone to get these episodes.

Last night, I waited 2.5-3 hours before I ate again after my postworkout meal, and I became really Hypo. I felt extremely light-headed, dizzy, and weak. After eating almonds,and 2 cans of wenttuna didn't do the trick. I to my moms food cabinet and ate 2 of her reduced fat pop tarts, then I ate about 35 grams of dextrose. I finally felt a little better, but even I eat, I still the effects from from that episode for a few hours.

After my workout, I usually eat 100grams of dextrose, 4 oz of grape juice, and 2 scoops of optimum 100% whey. Sometimes I don't feel hungry or I feel lazy to eat, So I don't eat, but I always end up regretting later when I go Hypo.

Anyway, I don't know if this is what you experience too or not, but just sharing it. Maybe it will help.

I think you may have a blood pressure problem, not a blood sugar problem. In any event, eat protein not sugar to stabilize your BS levels unless you are a diabetic.

No, I said that because if he's diabetic, eating simple sugars to keep from passing out is of paramount importance. If he's not diabetic, he's not in immediate danger but just needs to get some stable slowly metabolized calories to elevate BS levels slowly and prevent an over-reaction from the islet cells.

Top Bottom